MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    I ain't gone beaver..yet! :)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I ain't gone beaver..yet! :)
 Login/Join

Factor
posted
Well now fellers seems I only git here once every other year and I'll apologize agin as usual. Not a lot of changes here at the homeplace. Work in the bakery shows no signs of slowing down and new help comes an goes too often. They's still trying to work me into the grave. Told them they got 28 more months and I'm done. Too durn old for this 6 nights a week carp. Haven't bought any new muzzleloaders in a spell so no news there. In 5 weeks it's early muzzleloadin' season here in Pa. and since that Jaeger I bought off'n Volatpluvia is still loaded from last year she's all ready to go! (rekkin he'll tear me a new one for that) Just found the Bess (fell down behind the recliner!) and it's still loaded to. Don't know if it's from turkey season 2013 or if I used it last year in deer season. Better fire that one off. Ohh yeah....met Jason (Muzzleloader Magazines new owner) down at Ft. Frederick this past spring and he's a real nice feller. Jason, I'm the guy that was holding you up from your bowl of soup till that gal gave me ++++ and told me to let you eat. Smiler Crossfox sorry to hear of your injury and Birdman glad to hear you're still above ground ye ole rascal. Ain't seen Mike N. posting here much. What's up with that Mike? Excellent article in the latest issue by the way, as always. Well boys time is short as always. Need to git some time and make some phone calls one of these days. James Stone...thinkin' of you and the Missus and trust all is well. Audie...the Oldfart.

Posts: 2155 | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Well yumppin yimminy the Audacious one !!!!! I thought you done et nuff yeast in that there bakery n just blowed up n floated away on a breeze. Dang but sure nuff sets well with a feller seeing posts from ol friends. Sure miss ol Sticks, geezer had him a special way a scribeing the word n jest a dang good person.

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Well now Bird I'm just waitin' on that sun to come up an the school buses to clear out so got a minute here. See, I'm fixin' to go for a ride. Smiler Yessir after a 10 year hiatus from motorcycling I got another one. The Goldwing is sittin' down in the garage and needs so much work to bring her back I went out and bought...hope yer sittin' down...a Hardly-Ableson. Yeah...never thought I'd see that day either. But my nephew opened up a motorcycle shop in Chambersburg (Mainline Cycles) and I figgered family should help family so I bought this money pit. I mean motorcycle. He can work on anything, and does, but Hardlys are his speciality. I picked it up in March (sportster) and I'm still re-larnin' how to ride. Folks that says you never forget how to ride a bike are full'a malarkey. I've went "exploring" inn'a coupl'a cornfields already, ran over my own feet twice. Fell over at a stop-sign while trying to lean over and pick up a wheel-weight laying there. (bullet caster fulltime now) Hit the starter button in the garage awhile back...bike was in gear. Ended up chasing the durn thing to the back of the garage where it hit the riding mower. Dadgum thing has a 3 gallon gas tank. WTH? 3 gallons...seriously. An the filler hole is real little...an if you slop gas out it runs down all over the hot engine. That was puddy exciting. Frowner I'm going to mount a little kitchen fire extinguisher on it. The rear brake pedal makes the bike go faster. Go figger? Seems this is normal for Hardlys. Ohhh the stories I can tell about Hardlys. But I'm having a ball. Well, suns up...time to go scrape parts in the twisties over in Roxburys mountains. WHOOOHOOO! Audie...the Oldfart..

Posts: 2155 | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Razzer

Had a Goldwing once. Sold it.

My old, 1982 Harley oozes character - all over my garage floor. The old gal still runs strong.
My 1995 Harley Sportster is my hotrod. It sure does have plenty of git-up-n-go.

I grew up around the beasts. I had an uncle who raced flat track back in the 1940's. He even raced at Daytona when they still raced on the beach.
Then he had a repair shop for Harley's and Indians through the 1950's and '60's.
I did some drag racing, myself, with a Sportster back in the 1960's.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Audacious now just how the heck you fold up that seven foot eleventeen inch frame a yours n squat down on a Sporty? Why you'd need foot pegs what stuck out three feet to the front ta get comfortable. AND you ain't no pup anymore that was a fer piece back. LOL All that n the way you n mechanical butt heads on occasion ROTFLMAO. Y'all have a grand time eaten bugs n dodgen them white tail woods rabbits on yer back road. AND no off road riden!!!! Iffen I gotta come dig you outta that crick bank I taint gonna be happy . Have fun my friend n be safe, them car n truck drivers don't see so good now adays

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Wow, where do I start? Why didn't I see this post five days ago? Audie on a Spotster? Hardly big enough! No pun intended. I can see it now, knees up around his ears, trying to figure out whether it is easier to reach thru his legs or try to wrap them around his knees? No wonder he introduced himself to several corn fields! When you retire are you gonna ride that beast down here to visit your old buddy and gunmaker? Oh, about Der Schmeiser, if you rust out that barrel John Getz will make you a new one. Just don't accidently shoot yourself. Remember, he has a hair trigger and he fires every time the cock hits the steel, prime or no prime. El Leon

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I can jist see it now--a twin-bess mount on a 74. saddlebags made outta b'arskins, buckskin ridin' leathers and a brain-bucket with turkey feathers flappin' in th' slipstream--old aud-feller on th' prowl! flat make them Oakland bikers think twice 'bout invadin' pennsyltoonia! wal, aud one, if ye lay it down and cain't git it back up, jist stand alongside it and look old and helpless--purty soon some young whippersnapper'll come along and think he's doin' you a favor by pickin' it up. that scooter DO have good slide bars, i'm hopin'! I seem to recall havin' wore a pair of purty stout ones off'n my '46 army hardly 45, back in th' day.
mind yer topknot, y'hear?
windy

Posts: 487 | Location: wetside o' washington | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post