New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mrs. Fiddlesticks
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
I what to inform the board of the sad news that Kathy Eddings, Mrs. Fiddlesticks, passed away today at about 1:00 PM. She was diagnosed with terminal cancer just a few weeks after Fiddlesticks died. She was given about 4 months to live, she lived almost 8 months. She was installed as our interim pastor in Bro. Terry's, Fiddlesticks, absence and was serving the church up until her passing. She will be greatly missed.
Mark Poley

Posts: 79 | Location: Yellville,Ar | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
This news sucks In so many ways. I met Terry some years back n he was one of those people ya just can't help but like. A true down to earth American. He was a preacher man but didn't preach, he led by example of how he lived his life. The world is a lesser place with his n now the loss of her. Good people in every way. RIP ol friend, I'll miss your smile laugh n written word.yer ol friend Birdman

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well, that's a bummer! Mrs 'Sticks had informed me of her condition just a short time after 'Sticks had passed. She had asked that I not post about it. I talked to her a number of times last spring & summer and she seem to accept the inevitable well.

Kathy had told me that one day I would call and find the number disconnected and that would mean she had worsened or passed. As I had called several times this month only to get the discontinued message, I feared the worst.

Thanks Mark for letting us know. I have greatly missed talking to Terry quite abit and now will miss Kathy's upbeat conversations, too.

May they both rest in peace, once more together in their love.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I didn't know either of them, but for any surviving family and all their friends, my prayers and best wishes go out.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Wow,I only knew them from what we saw here.I was thinking only the other day that,as little as I had known him,I still missed ol' Fiddlesticks.Now the world is poorer by the woman he loved....Rats..........

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Wow, an era has passed. Such memories, bantering with 'Schticks. Now she has joined him. She is not alone anymore. I remember him calling her on his cell phone from Audie's front yard and blowing notes on the new turkey call that Birdman had just made for him. Seems like yesterday.
Leon Hombre del Bosque

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
So sad may she rest in peace

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear. Never met either, but do miss the stores of 'ole Sticks. They're together again now at least.

It always amazes me how quickly a couple will often follow each other when the time comes...

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Bittersweet news indeed. The bitter part is that they are both gone from our lives. The sweet (sweetest) part is knowing where they both are now. God bless them both. Sure do miss ole 'Sticks and now Mrs. 'Sticks but I know he is now "Resting in the arms of his Savior 'Sticks." I'm quite sure that is how he would have signed this post.

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Yah....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Cado
posted Hide Post
Really sorry to hear this. They will both be missed.

Posts: 617 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted Hide Post
So sad to hear this news. Will keep those who were close to her in our prayers.

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Crossfox, My apologies, I sent you a private message on 10/31/15 to give you Kathy's new phone number. She asked me at church to contact you and give you the number since the old number had been disconnected. I am very sorry that I didn't follow up and make sure you received the message, I just assumed that you had. I should have made a post to the board telling you that I had sent you a message, again I am very sorry. Terry and Kathy did enjoy talking to you very much.
Terry told me about the story that he started on tall tales and you posted a reply to his first post and "killed" his story. He was still laughing about that. He tried to find it for me but, he thought it was on the old board and was deleted. Kathy was laughing about it when Terry told me the story but, she said she didn't laugh at the time. She said she was so mad that she didn't sleep that night. She said Terry's story was going to be so good.
Terry was probably the best pastor that I have ever sat under and Kathy was an excellent teacher herself. She didn't like to be called pastor, even though se filled that role after Terry died. One of her cousins in the congregation affectionately called her Pester instead of Pastor, which she liked. They are both greatly missed.
Mark

Posts: 79 | Location: Yellville,Ar | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind words.
Mark

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hiya, Mark, no apologies needed. I should have checked my PM's abit more regularly. I do wish I had been able to talk to Kathy one last time as I would have asked her to give' Sticks a message that would have caused them both a good chuckle or two.

About that story of his; it was a good one and just stirred my creative (or was it destructive?) instincts. I did leave an out to the story if 'Sticks had wanted to continue it.

And, boy howdy, was Kathy PO'd at me for a long spell. We finally made amends when I offered 'Sticks the opportunity to do the same with one of my stories. Yea, we shared many laughs about that one.

As I mentioned before, I'll certainly miss talking to them and sharing stories, laughs at our foibles, and insights of life.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
May the lord bless her with her reunion with her dear husband. This is to be rejoiced!!!

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
NO TEARS IN HEAVEN-
There will be no tears in Heaven,
God has promised, no more pain,
And the Son will shine so brightly
He will cancel out the rain.
In a place that is so perfect,
No tear would there abide..
For no sadness can enable
With our Lord there by our side.
So sing now, 'Glory, Glory'
For soon that time will be,
When He wraps His robes around us,
There in Heaven...You and Me.
We will sing our songs of gladness
Our joy no longer hidden,
As friends and family greet us
For there'll be no tears in Heaven.......
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post