New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hatfields & McCoys
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
Anyone else watching? I thought the first night was pretty boring and had quite a few errors. Tonight it really improved.

Over-the-log shooting, the second most fun you can have laying down.

Posts: 64 | Location: Volunteer State | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed watching it.
Over the years so many different stories about that feud have come out that I don't know what to believe. In general, I've long held the opinion that the McCoy side were the main instigators and antagonists. And, the McCoy's got the worst of it.
I think that this TV show seems to support that theory.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Militant_Hillbilly:
Anyone else watching?
I watched about 45 minutes of it and lost interest.
Disappointed because I thought it was going to be more of a documentary style...not just a cussin / killin thing.
Had hoped it would be formatted like the excellent series on the Civil War several years ago that was truly educational...not just a movie that really should have been on HBO.
Others mileage may vary...
FYI...the link below is an excellent factual summary of the Hatfield / McCoy feud...and at the very bottom is a date / name / relationship chronology of the deaths each family escalated against each other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H...d%E2%80%93McCoy_feud

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Anymore I turn on the TV for entrtainment,news, and background noise. It seems like the History Channel does not do much fact checking anymore.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Competes with my wife's shows. I am recording the series. Got the impression from the preview commercials it is mostly about killing and cussing. Two hours is a long time to watch anything.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of sawbones
posted Hide Post
I am watching it. It is good entertainment, but you just can't count on the History Channel to give accurate history anymore.

Never flinch

Posts: 524 | Location: Surprise Valley, California/Nevada | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I had also hoped it would be in the documentary style. I don't think they went for accuracy, either. It was entertaining and I like the violence and action. I'm a big Bill Paxton fan from years ago, too.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
I can't decide if it was about stupid people acting mean or about mean people acting stupid.

Posts: 129 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Night Owl
posted Hide Post
I tried watching it about three different times, during different episodes. Just couldn't get into it...seemed a little boring after a while. Roll Eyes

Posts: 265 | Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan | Registered: 03 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post