Notify
Tools

Kitchen tile
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted
Okay, time to start a new thread.
Here are two pics of progress installing the tiles on the cabinets.

Leon

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
And this is going to be your muzzleloader cleaning station?

Looks handy. When cleaning those pesky revolvers, you can wash in one sink, rinse in the second, and so on. Yup, handy.

It will be great for cleaning and preparing all the game you get with your muzzleloaders too.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
Except I'd want to put indoor / outdoor carpet on top so the MLs didn't get scratched up...

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Yah, that's a good idea Roundball. Come on Vol...do it right, put carpeting on it.

Another benefit is when you use it as a wet bar, you won't break any glasses when putting them down on the counter.

You gotta think these things through, Vol.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Nah, guys
Ain't gonna be no carpèting in this house. Ms. Audrey has a few throw rugs for certain places on the floor.
With as much trouble as she had selecting tile for this house we don't want to cover more of it than absolutely necessary.
We spent two days looking for that kitchen sink and including a trip to Guadalajara.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Here is a pic of the kitchen with all the counter top and wall tile on. The kick boards must be tiled yet, but I have to locate some more of the blue floor tile.

pistuo deo lalo

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
looks great ! I'm going to finish our kitchen soon. well right after muzzleloader season. Told the wife when I say i'll finish a project, I'll finish it ! no need to hound me about it every six months .

Posts: 49 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
I had neglected to show you the tile on the vanity in the masterbath.

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
The old man sat in front of his cookfire in the gathering dawn. He had built a fire pit by stacking six bricks in a u shape and put a couple of pieces of rebar over the gap to support his black cast iron fry pan. In leu of two chunks of trunk to sit on he improvised with two yellow five gallon buckets with lids on. He had his french press ready with two tablespoonsful of his favorite dark roast decaf bought from the coffee shop on the west side of Chapala. (They buy green beans and rost them at the shop) He had a loaf of store bought multigrain bread to sandwich his eggs. His fire was small scraps of coniforus wood left over from kitchen building. He refused to be without ketchup for his eggs so he had a platic bottle of Delmonte sitting there with his powdered creamer for his coffee. Once the Bertoli olive oil would freely roll around the pan he cracked three medium size brown eggs from Walmart into the pan. They quickly denatured from the heat and 'set'. He put ketchup on the bread as his mouth watered for the first taste of campfire eggs. He had lacked a vessel for heating water and so had gone to OXXO (a 7/11 type minimarket) and had bought a can of peaches, which were now swimming in their own syrup in a twelve inch aluminum pie plate that Ms. Audrey had bought to make him a cherry pie for christmas. He had opened the peaches with an razor knife and now put purified water in the can and set it over the fire. Once it boiled he poured it over the grounds in the french press. It seems that water boiled over a wood fire leached the color and flavor out of coffee grounds much more quickly that microwaved water. As he finished the egg sandwich and started on the peaches, he sat back a bit and savored the coffee. He enjoyed the small heat from the fire on this cool January morning that had started out at a chilly 50F.
old volie

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
posted Hide Post
Just can't take the re-enactor out of you, eh! Good going! Wafts me back to Camp Redbeard. Mighty pretty what you're doing in your house. I still say you're a genius with hand tools.

Envious'sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Thanks 'Schticks,
I have aquired a few new skills building this house. I am anxious to live there. And I was getting mighty tired of hoofing it over to OXXO for a decaf and a prepackeaged sandwich for breakfast. 'Course you can buy prepacked tacos, burritos and such and microwave them...
It takes a strong gut to start right out in the morning eating stuff with chilis in it. Even they wait until ten to breakfast.
León Eugenio Hombre del Bosque

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
couple of pics here. I hope you can see what I want to show you.
the one of the kitchen is drawers that I made yesterday and installed on glides.
the porch that is poured already is on the back of the house.
the porch foundation is on the front of the house.
We are closing in, Lord willing, now if I could just get the monopoly CFE to put electricity in for me.

enjoy
León

pistuo deo lalo

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Installing kitchen tile would be little bit hectic, but it does give your kitchen descent look. Wanna suggest you to have jute rugs in your kitchen which will definitely compliment your kitchen, here is the link to get various collection of rugs.

Posts: 1 | Location: 1020 Prospect St # 408, La Jolla, CA 92037 | Registered: 06 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post

I don't understand all the new numbers that are attatched to my pics. but it tried copying and pasting. If it works i will do it from now on.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
well I'll be hogtied, it worked. All these years I have been laborously typing in the whole schmeel and all I have to do is copy and paste. Someone should kick my butt from here to Pennsylvania. 'Schticks?
Anyway, this is the second floor to the back porch.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Robbins,
Thanks, but my wife already has many rugs to throw around here and there. Thanks for looking at my thread.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post

In December 2011 I tried to show you cane fields being burned off. But I was a little late to show you the full intensity. This evening while finishing my supper and preparing to sit by my cook fire I heard the sound and then saw the smoke in the sky. I thought by the time I was upstairs that I had missed it again. But then the fire spread into a second field and I got it in full intensity, albeit by using the telephoto feature on my old camera. So I hope that you can get a feel for seeing the fields being burned.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post

Okay, here is a pic of the final steel structure over the second floor of the back porch. It will be covered with the orange roof tile as will the front porch.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
It's gonna be nice, Leon!

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post

Last night I was in our bedroom at the new house and saw a fire out of the corner of my eye. They were burning a can field at night. retty spectacular.
León

pistuo deo lalo