New
Find
Notify
Tools

having a dog
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
since I was a kid I have always had at least one dog around the house, usually they have been small dogs ,Doxys, terrier mutts n now backwoods Chihuahuas(6 to 7 pounds) had the pup spayed earlier in the week so she had a couple days of enforced down time to heel(which she didnt much like ) but to day she has brought a slew of toys for me to play fetch with, her favorite game, different sizes n colors etc after she brings each she steps back n has that puppy look of "is this the one you will throw for me Daddy"I finally had to give in n toss one a couple times, she was in heaven chaseing that thing n bringing it back to toss again, I don't care what anybody says a house is not a HOME without at least one dog running around being in imp n monkey butt pest n I got 4 right now, oldest is 15 then 7 then 3 then the pup of 9 months, they are my kids. Mess with me fine n kool, mess with the good woman -well she scares me n can take care of herself, mess with my kids n your short for the world LOL. Only real DOG people will understand what I mean. --just some thoughts YMHS Birdmanps sure am hopeing as they say that all the ones that have passed will be waiting on the other side, sure nuff would make this ol dog one happy camper

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Amen!

Posts: 349 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 14 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Amen.
Yep, I'm another dog man. Had at least one around the house all of my life. First, a series of Boston Bull Terriers when I was a little kid. Then a series of rabbit hunting beagles. Then I got into bird dogs. Tried several breeds and finally settled on English Springer Spaniels as suiting me and my hunting methods the best. I got old and my last springer died. Then, somebody abandoned a mixed breed puppy mutt that found its way up to my porch. She has been with us for about 8 years now. My mailbox is at the end of my long driveway. I can't carry in the mail without giving her a letter to carry. She also retrieves the newspaper (and sometimes my neighbor's paper). She is a good watchdog and barks at any strangers who come around. Last night she chased a raccoon out my yard.

My dogs are family, just like my kids. Hurt my dog and you will find yourself embroiled a serious feud.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Here's another unapologetic dog person. We've had four at a time but that tragically got eventually reduced to two. We use to foster dogs for adoption until we got too old and decrepit. I like dogs better than people and I don't apologize for that.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
sure am hopeing as they say that all the ones that have passed will be waiting on the other side, sure nuff would make this ol dog one happy camper

Couldn't have said it better myself. Best regards. Rockerhound.

PS. I ain't called Rockerhound for nuthin ya know...

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
We have 4 mountain curs running around the house. wouldn't have it any other way. Hanshi I totally agree with you

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Walking Crow I could have went the private route with a message to ya but I just wanted to say THANK YOU! That was an off the charts great post n brought a tear to an ol dogs eye n he ain't ashamed to say so. Had a passel a good dogs over the years n miss them ALL. The way that described it all is perfect. N really hit home for me. Again my friend THANK YOU for that post, YMHS Birdman

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I have always had a dog around from the time I was born. Medium sized like labs and bird dogs. Last 20 years have always had at least 2 dogs and one of them has been either a great dane or a mastiff.

Mess with my dogs and they will eat you for sure Smiler.

I agree with Hanshi I like dogs more than nearly anybody.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post