MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    Message from Mrs. Fiddlesticks
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Message from Mrs. Fiddlesticks
 Login/Join

Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pennsylvania Dutchman:
Words cannot express the sense of loss and sadness Mrs. Dutchman and I feel over the passing of our Beloved Pastor and Shepherd, Fiddlesticks. The eternal value of the teaching and counsel that we have received in the last year, since being a part of his congregation, is beyond measure. Bro. Sticks not only served as our Pastor, but we have also come to count him and Sister Sticks as our DEAREST of friends. A friendship that will be forever cherished, and will thankfully continue on in eternity.
Bro. Sticks will be greatly missed, but we take comfort and rejoice in the fact that, as you read this, he is where he has longed to be, worshipping at the feet of his Blessed Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ.
We love you Sister Kathy, and know this, that you and Casey are always in our hearts and prayers.
1Thessalonians 4:13-18
Bro. and Sister Dutchman, Mark and Hollie Poley

Now I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will get to meet Mr. 'Sticks someday. Thanks Dutchman for posting

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Bookie
posted Hide Post
Well, my ol' friend Fiddlesticks come up to Corn Patch and stopped by the shop. Had made a pistol for his Dad. Got a couple of photos of him while he was botherin' me and we had a good time in general. I'll share them with you here. My favorite is him slippin' through the screen door with boxes of Moon Pies and ol' DanL's Diet Rite Cola stacked up to his chin! We used to pester each other somethin' fierce and get Volatpluvia involved (git him to tell you about Pinky the Skink and Terry's white tennis shoes some day) and we had as much fun as three baby coons being give a raw egg apiece. I'm sorry to see'im go for now, but friends is friends, no matter where they go or what they do, so's he's still with us. Love you, Brother.

Newton Lodge #59 AF & AM

Posts: 2007 | Location: Corn Patch, Iowa | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Bookie
posted Hide Post
The other pic didn't take, but here it is.

Newton Lodge #59 AF & AM

Posts: 2007 | Location: Corn Patch, Iowa | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Fincastle
posted Hide Post
My heart is heavy and on the ground. Terry was the first guy in the camp to welcome me when I joined, and we just hit it off from there. We traded some books back and forth, and shared some really good conversations. Any time I checked in to the Camp, his stories and comments were always the ones that I would read first. What a wonderful man, you could tell he was a true gentleman right off. I sure will miss his stories, his humor, his friendship, and his sage and caring advice.

My hat is off to ya Mr. 'Sticks, and my heart and prayers go out to you Mrs. 'Sticks and your family. He will be sorely missed. Heaven will have a new master storyteller, and one heck'uva good man.

Chris Crosby

A nod's as good as a blink to a blind horse

Posts: 143 | Location: Indiana Territory | Registered: 22 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
I first read this post very early this morning. Shocked and confused, along with a profound sense of loss all hit at once. It seemed so unreal. Ol'Sticks and I had never met yet I personally felt I had a friend in him, which I believe several here did as well.
So sorry for your loss, he was a man who will most surely be missed.
Rest easy my friend, and keep watching that skyline.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
This is truely sad news for those of us left behind. I will miss him. It was always a pleasure to start some banter with that witty lad. He will regale all the folks in heaven with his tall tales. They will be rolling around on those golden streets holding their sides in pain from laughing so hard. Not to be morbid, but what took him from us? Volatpluvia

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
I, too, am shocked and saddened. I never met Fiddlesticks, but considered him a friend, also. Blessings to his family and close friends.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hello Volie,

I called your number and left a message, hope you got it. There is an article in the Harrison, AR newspaper.

Terry was out riding his bike ol'Silver and was less than 5 minutes from home when he had a wreck with the bike. Front wheel is severely bent and the tire off the rim, he was pitched off. Mrs 'Sticks doesn't know yet if Terry had a cardiac event or passed out just before the wreck.

I also called Audie's number and left a message for him. Don't know if he got it. If you have his email addy, would you drop him a line?

We are all going to miss him for sure.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Getting ready to go to work last night and noticed the answering machine flashing. The message from CrossFox broke my heart. Fiddlesticks was my friend, a confidant and a pastor to me. He came to me during one of the rough patches in my life. His friendship changed me more than he will ever know. He drove all the way from Arkansas to baptize me in the crick yonder, with the aid of fellow friend and pastor Leon Buckwalter....aka Volatpluvia. I have no doubt I am only one of many he has guided in such matters. His writings had a depth to them that I have never seen before and likely will not see again. To Kathy and son, and family, know that I am with you in spirit and offer you my heartfelt condolences. Crossfox, I'll call when I regain my composure but for now the tears simply won't stop. Audie...the Oldfart.

Posts: 2155 | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Fiddlesticks, my condolences. Even though I never met him, I feel like I lost a friend. Will miss his stories greatly.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Thank you all so very much... reading the posts you wrote about Fiddlesticks is so very heart touching. He indeed was one of the best men on the face of the earth. His writings, sermons and wisdom never failed to amaze me. If EVER a man made it to Heaven.... I believe this man did. Some how Sticks had left his computer logged onto the site and we have been able to post.... Not knowing his pass word this could be my last post. Thanks to all of you for being his friends! I will list an email address if that is allowed? You can contact me with questions.... eddings.tkc@cox.net Mrs Fiddlesticks forever.....

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Miss Me, But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road,
and the sun has set for me.
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little—but not too long,
and not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that was once shared.
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take,
And each must go alone.
It’s all a part of the master’s plan,
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart,
Go to the friends we know.
Bear your sorrow in good deeds.
Miss me, but let me go.

Hope to see you up the trail,,,, Never met but missed,,,

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the first words that Terry heard when he arrived in Heaven was, "Well done good and faithful Servant"

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Amen to that, NWTF Longhunter

Posts: 79 | Location: Yellville,Ar | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
NTWF, Those are the words I want to hear when my turn comes. volatpluvia

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Bookie, thanks for the pictures. Never met the gentleman but it's nice to be able to put a face to a man who spread so much happiness to others. Brian Payton , Trion lodge #160

Posts: 82 | Location: north georgia | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
I'm so very sorry to here Fiddlesticks has left for the happy hunting grounds. I always enjoyed his posts.

Even though I had not met him face to face I did count him a friend.

Seepwater

shoot first ask questions later

Posts: 220 | Location: Lyman, WY....just 6 miles from Ft. Bridger! | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Cado
posted Hide Post
I just now found out about sticks and am taking this hard. It was just a few days ago that I spoke with him through this forum. I never met him but I know we were good friends. I just don't know what to say, I'm really going to miss him. So sorry for your loss.

Posts: 617 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
He will be missed

Posts: 49 | Registered: 08 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences to his family. He will be greatly missed by all.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post