MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    Message from Mrs. Fiddlesticks
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Message from Mrs. Fiddlesticks
 Login/Join

Factor
posted
Which much regret and sadness I want to let you know that Fiddlesticks went home to his Heavenly Father on February 10. He loved his Campfire family and enjoyed writing and reading posts. He will be greatly missed.

Mrs. Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. He will be missed.

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
One of the main reasons for visiting the camp. Really enjoyed reading Fiddlesticks post. Prayers for the family.

Posts: 82 | Location: north georgia | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
I have no words to describe our loss,My prayers for the Family. Frowner

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
I am shocked and saddened to hear this. I never met him but considered him a friend. His "limb bacon" stories will be greatly missed. He had a way with words that brightened your day and made you keep coming back to the campfire for more.

My condolences to the family, he has many friends here and he will be greatly, greatly missed. Frowner

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Heaven's Campfire

Sit down on that log, Friend
The fires going good
And the coffee’s ready

Spin us a tale.

It doesn’t matter which one
Because we know its gonna be good
Tell us about living

Tell us where you’ve been
And what you have seen
And about the things that really matter

Tell me how you chose your name
Or how it chose you
Because I didn’t get to ask

And I always meant to.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Shock and sadness.
Sorry for your loss.
He will be missed.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Wow, shocked. I'm sorry for your loss, his gentle humor will be greatly missed. Prayers to your family.

Jared

Posts: 207 | Location: The Folle Avoine | Registered: 19 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Willis Creek
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

"touch not the cat without a glove"
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Posts: 143 | Location: South of the Arkansas, on the slopes of St. Charles Peak, Colorado territory | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
My prayers are with the family.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heaven's Campfire

Sit down on that log, Friend The fires going good And the coffee’s ready

Spin us a tale. It doesn’t matter which one Because we know its gonna be good

Tell us about living Tell us where you’ve been And what you have seen And about the things that really matter

Tell me how you chose your name Or how it chose you Because I didn’t get to ask

And I always meant to.

Mike, I was thinkin along the same lines when I opened up and read what you wrote. I'm saddened because I think I had always hoped that someday me an ole Fiddlesticks would share a campfire and swap limb bacon huntin stories. He was the kinda man that you felt like you'd known all yer life....even though you'd never met.

He was the backbone of this forum. It won't be the same without him.

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
"Tell me how you chose your name
Or how it chose you
Because I didn’t get to ask"

"At some point in Shakespeare’s lifetime, it seems fiddlestick began to be used for something insignificant or trivial. This may have been because a violin bow was regarded as inconsequential or perhaps simply because the word sounds intrinsically silly. It took on a humorous slant as a word one could use to replace another in a contemptuous response to a remark. George Farquhar used it in this way in his play Sir Henry Wildair of 1701: “Golden pleasures! golden fiddlesticks!”. From here it was a short step to using the word as a disparaging comment to mean that something just said was nonsense."

To me Fiddlesticks was a Will Rogers kind of guy, a man of simple talk but with a wit as sharp as a razor. It's hard to believe he's gone. His post should be archived somewhere.

quote:
The fowler was cradled in the crook of my arm. Ever notice how it's not the same with any of other kind of hunting piece? Ever notice how you feel more alive with a remake of the ancient as a companion? so much easier to 'tune' yourself to the forest? Pleasant mystery! Carefully scoping out every step before taking it, I scanned the timber all around. Yet not deeply in, for it was too much of a thicket. But, you know you're in tune when you find the quietest places for your moccasins to land. And when your ears latch onto the faintest crackle of woodland floor, or when you hear the fall of the smallest twig from a tree, or the softest muffled voice of woodland being. And when your eyes pick up on the slightest movement: the flicker of a leaf at ground level, the darting bird from sapling to ground, or the odd shaped lumps on trunks and stones. And the worst silence is the lack of squirrels barking, whistling, whining, quarreling, and the worst blindness is not seeing a squirrel hustling, digging, or jumping about . . .(Fiddlesticks January 24, 2014)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NWTF Longhunter,

Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
My heart is on the ground today. I haven't been on this forum but for a few months but I absolutely loved Mr.'Sticks. I loved trading posts and wisecracks with him and hoped to someday make it over to meet him for a cup of coffee and some good talkin'. My prayers are with you Mrs. 'Sticks and your family too. I look forward to meetin' him in the Great Squirrel Woods when I get there.
Cryin' 'Creek

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
It is with heavy heart that I just found out about 'Sticks. He and I had corresponded by phone, and of course, here at the Campfire since 2002. And like others here, he is considered a good friend, and had hoped to meet up.

He enjoyed the banter that followed his stories as well as the stories written by the rest of us. While talking to him on the phone we would regale each other with stories of growing up in the south as well as me living in Alaska.

I have talked to Mrs. 'Sticks and she sends her Thank You for the posts. Terry will be sorely missed by all of us.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
I was just getting set to head out the door to hunt some "LIMB BACON".
It will be a different kind of hunt today.
His contributions to this forum where always appreciated by all and he will be missed.

Pat Cameron

Seasoned woodsmen that depend on skill and knowledge to lead them to a successful hunt rather than the crutch of modern technology
http://americanlonghunter.com

Posts: 71 | Registered: 22 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Sincerest condolences to the family. The loss will certainly leave a hole in this forum.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I am deeply sadden to hear this! My short time here has been made most welcome by this fine gentleman with the warmth of his stories and his friendly banter. Making me feel more at home here than anywhere I have ever been on this internet! I can only say that my sorrowful prayers and condolences go out to you Mrs. Fiddlesticks and your family. I have not known your husband for very long, but I can tell you that I will never forget him.

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
My goodness,I'm in shock.....If he had this kind of effect on us,how bad must it be for those that had daily contact with him,an' Mrs.'Sticks....This is hurting.....Thanks for sharing him with us ,Mrs. 'Sticks.....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2013 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
My condolences, sad to hear. I enjoyed reading his post. Mark

Posts: 162 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Words cannot express the sense of loss and sadness Mrs. Dutchman and I feel over the passing of our Beloved Pastor and Shepherd, Fiddlesticks. The eternal value of the teaching and counsel that we have received in the last year, since being a part of his congregation, is beyond measure. Bro. Sticks not only served as our Pastor, but we have also come to count him and Sister Sticks as our DEAREST of friends. A friendship that will be forever cherished, and will thankfully continue on in eternity.
Bro. Sticks will be greatly missed, but we take comfort and rejoice in the fact that, as you read this, he is where he has longed to be, worshipping at the feet of his Blessed Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ.
We love you Sister Kathy, and know this, that you and Casey are always in our hearts and prayers.
1Thessalonians 4:13-18
Bro. and Sister Dutchman, Mark and Hollie Poley

Posts: 79 | Location: Yellville,Ar | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post