MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    Message from Mrs. Fiddlesticks
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Message from Mrs. Fiddlesticks
 Login/Join

Factor
posted Hide Post
I have been amazed at my reaction to losing ol' Sticks...Like most here I've never met him,but it's like losing a member of my Family.I hope I can emulate some of his class.....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Mr. Sticks was one of the best friends that I never met. I will remember him with fondness.

Posts: 428 | Location: Northwestern California | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted Hide Post
So sorry to here the news. My prayers are with you and all who knew him.
I look forward to meeting him someday beyond that great divide. Maybe he'll spin me a yarn or two.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Idaho Mountainneer,

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Sorry I didn't respond sooner than this but this hit me to hard to reply have been praying and will continue to.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 18 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Oh, holy cow. I'm new here, and have been waiting for my login to be approved. I've spent a good deal of time enjoying his posts about hunting limb bacon. I'm sorry I'll not be able to enjoy any more yarnin'. I'll hoist one in his honor on opening day next year.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Kathryn, I just heard. I'm so sorry. I know the congregation must be devastated, as we here on the site are. It was so obvious when we visited that Terry was loved by all, from the littlest on up. I'm so glad we got to meet you, if only briefly; I will cherish the videos online of his sermons at the conference, and revisit the books often. He was a very special man, pastor, and friend. We pray for your family and your church. He blessed us all.
windy

Posts: 487 | Location: wetside o' washington | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Windy. It was Terry's great pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife. We so much enjoyed getting to visit with you. I am doing well.... Being carried by our Lord. I know the hard part still is a head so keep us in your prayers. I have been overwhelmed at the response of people.... The comments on the Campfire site has been comforting. He was working on a re-write for a post or article the days before his passing. You take care and hope you all stay in touch.....

Mrs. Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I too will miss 'Sticks very deeply. He and I never did meet face to face but we had many good conversations at this Campfire. Actually, this Campfire won't be quite the same without him. May he rest in peace. Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
You're absolutely right,Mike,we're gonna have to do some heavy lifting to cover for him....I'll do what I can,but he was special....

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Mike, I felt like I should write a tall tale in his honor butt he was my best responder. It just wouldn't be the same...wait, a thought...

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
* silence,except for the sound of munching popcorn....*

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
BT, It could take a little time. The tale needs to be worthy of him...oh no, I couldn't possibly say that...could I...hmmmnnnnnn.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Volatpluvia,,if anyone could do it justice,,it would be you,,Mike

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Crawdad
posted Hide Post
Back in 2004 my handle was treblig and after my first post, Fiddlesticks asked, "What's a treblig?" and I said, "That's my name spelled backwards." and Fiddlesticks answered, "Well the only critter I know that walks backwards is a crawdad, so your name is now Crawdad." I've used it ever since. Smiler

May God Bless him.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Crawdad,

Posts: 678 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
What a shock. May the Lord be with your family knowing that your Fiddlesticks is with the Lord.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Crawdad
posted Hide Post
His passing tore the heart and soul out of this board. I surely do miss him.

Posts: 678 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Me too,and I didn't even have the chance to get to know him that well.....

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
My condolences, I have prayed for you for your loss. He was a favorite writer of mine.

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post