Find
Notify
Tools

BIG BORE Jeager found
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Hiya, fellas!

I stopped by a local gun shop last week and to my suprise, there sat an absolutely beautiful jeager rifle! The owner of the shop had taken it in as a consignment and wanted to know iffen I knew much about'em.

Walna, this 'ere rifle is a Jim Gefroh custom and was his personal gun on several African safaris. He had taken a Cape Buffalo with this particular rifle as well as several other large , dangerous game. There are several printouts of the stories with photos, plus a magazine with the buffalo hunt story and pics. (Jim Gefroh made the 62cal rifle that was used on the caribou hunt written about in the latest ML mag)

The rifle is a .77cal (10 bore) flintlock jeager with sling swivel on the forearm. It has some of the most inticate silver and gold wire inlays on both sides of the butt stock that I have seen in a long time. The stock appears to be either American or European walnut.

The rifle comes three pounds of powder, several dozen cast balls, ball mould, extra flints, patches, cleaning jags, extra ramrod, a brass range rod, bag and powder horn.

The shop's asking price is $3k. I'm not acting as an agent or in anyway connected with the shop or owner of the rifle. However, if any of you would like contact info to the shop, PM me and I'll send you the contact info. I'm going to try to take some photos of the rifle, too.

Anyway, iffen any of ya'll feel rich enough, thars a fine rifle with "whompability" written all over it available!

Keep an eye to the ridgeline......"n" wonderin' iffen I could get away with tradin' Wolfwomans Rocky Mountain horse fer it!?! Naaaaaaaa!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Hey cross fox go ahead and try tradeing the horse for the gun and tell your wife that a big ole brownie came in and got it,
and then tell her you got that rifle to hunt down the bear!

Posts: 196 | Location: kenai peninsula alaska | Registered: 09 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crossfox:
Hiya, fellas!

The rifle comes three pounds of powder, several dozen cast balls, ball mould, extra flints, patches, cleaning jags, extra ramrod, a brass range rod, bag and powder horn.

Regards, xfox

Crossfox, only 3 pounds of powder! That's only a couple of shots for that thang.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
NEWS FLASH, TODAY IN WASILLA ALASKA A MAN WAS SLICED N DICED BY HIS WIFE N FED TO THE DOGS AFTER HE ALLEDGEDLY SWAPPED HER NEW HORSE FOR A GUN, FOLKS IN THE AREA ALL SAID HE WAS A NICE QUIET SEEMING PERSON, THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT HE COULD DO SOMETHING SO DASTERDly BWAHAHAHA rotflmao ;0)

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick:
quote:
Originally posted by Crossfox:
Hiya, fellas!
Regards, xfox
Crossfox, only 3 pounds of powder! That's only a couple of shots for that thang.
Dick
Yeah, sounds like it came with 3 speedloaders...LOL

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post