Find
Notify
Tools

'puter gone beaver
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Hiya Fellas!

Monday morning the hard drive in my 'puter died and it took much stuff with it, including the story that I have posted here.

I am having to re-construct the story as well as the other docs and it is taking time. Might be a few more days before I'm able to get back to the adventures of Josiah and Stitch.

Thanks fer hangin' in thar!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Love these puter's,if any thing needs to go under it's these blasted machines.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Was just wondering when the next episode was going to come out. Sorry to hear about your PC. Might make a good target for a while though.

A guy never thinks about such things as backing up the files...until the darn things goes under anyway. Maybe I'd better think about that on mine. It's been a couple years since I've done that and there's a lot of stuff on there I'd like to keep around.

Eagerly awaiting the return of Josiah and Stitch on the screen.

Thanks for the update...Ken

Posts: 403 | Location: In the Hardwoods of Eastern Iowa | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Crossfox, Mrs Mike here- can you tell me about what kind of Hard drive you have- whether laptop or desktop, Eide (wide gray ribbon) or SATA (narrow ribbon-usually red or yellow) and which Operating system you're using? XP, Win 7, Vista?
If I can, I'll do my best to help you retrieve it!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hiya, Mrs. Mike,
The hard drive disc still spins...but...it is suffering from "sticktion", which means the swing arm system is stuck and not tracking. I put a new 80G hard drive in the laptop and it is working well. The laptop has windows xp and the old hard drive model: HTS424040M9AT00.

Anyway, the computer tech said to just store the old hard drive for a spell to let it "rest", then bring it by for a re-check. Forensic data recovery is plum out of sight cost wise.

PM me if you think you could help.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of a time when I accidentally deleted almost everything on our computer. (Please, don't ask how I did it. It's still embarrasing to me. Big Grin) My whole family was piping mad at me. My sister is an amature author (like myself) and almost all her stories and books went down the tubes. Fortunately, I didn't have much that was worth keepin on the computer, so I was just about the only one who didn't suffer from loss of electric data. 'Course, now when I look back on it, I think it was kinda funny, but a couple of my siblings still hold minor grudges over it. Oops! Big Grin

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post