Find
Notify
Tools

Only in Jalisco, México
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted
Last week our brand new, high tech, environmentally sound, water saver, washer quit in the middle of a cycle for my wife. The repairman got here on Tuesday. After examining the machine for a few minutes he called for me. He said the warranty would not cover this. There is a little plastic ventilated housing covering the belt and the wheels it connects between the drive motor and the transmission. A mole had crawled in, for the warmth he said, it got caught in the belt and wheels. The wheels are designied to break and save the motor and trans. He had the parts and fixed it. We left the housing off so there would be no place for little animals to crawl into. And we paid.
The reason the little animal could get to the washer is that the laundry room is not sealed off to the outside. Hey it seldom gets colder than 45F here. So the outside wall is a decorative brick, if you remember, that leaves a lot of little brick size holes to the outside. I had been telling the wife that we need to cover the outside of the brick with heavy screen to keep out the insects. she did not like the idea, said the screen is a dirt catcher and makes it hard to clean. I now have permission to screen it. Will do it right after coming back from the USA.
Tomorrow, before she does laundry, I will tilt each machine and make sure we don't have guests. After all, $70 is seventy bucks. And it is inconvenient to wait five days to have the machine repaired.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post