New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dixon's
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
I was saddened to read in the current issue of "Muzzleloader" that Dixon's Gunmakers Fair has gone under. 37 or 38 years, I think it was, but now it is gone.
I regret that I never made it up there.
Is its passing just another indication of the fading out of our hobby, our sport?

It has been several years since I last attended the Contemporary Longrifle Show in Lexington, Kentucky. I think it is coming again in August. Anyway, I think I will attend again this year.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I think the end of the Dixons show was the opposite, actually. Had been talk for the past few years it was almost done, just too much for the aging store owners to handle and want to deal with. The store is still there and open, and doing well from the few times I've been up there the past couple years. The show is going to resume next year with a bunch of the same people involved, about 5 miles from the store at a county community center. Looks like it may be even bigger with more vendors, camping, etc. Still going to have judging and seminars, too. Same last weekend of July as well. Can't wait for 2022 to go for the weekend!!!!

If you look closely at the magazine article in Muzzleloader there's a sidebar about the new location and organizers.

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
That is good news. Thanks.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Saved just in time!

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Dixons is still there, drove by there a couple of days ago. It's a great spot to visit, they take consignments of all kinds of old timey things and you never know what you will find even beyond black powder stuff. Exit 40 off of PA 78.

Posts: 216 | Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post