New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bob cat
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
On the hunting section Tom Black's bob cat made me think of this. My wife was baking Christmas cookies and she was needing room in the freezer she ask what's in the big black bag I explain that my friend Phil shot a bob cat and wanted to get it mounted someday lol as lighting shot out of her eyes and fire out her mouth she said get that out of my freezer lol I made a call to Phil and she had room for the cookies......Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B Staley,

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B Staley:
"...as lighting shot out of her eyes and fire out her mouth she said get that out of my freezer..."
LOL...we might want to compare lineage of our wives!
Not long after we were married (46+ years ago)...my little 5.2" wife stood before me with her hands on her hips, looked up at me and said:
"If you promise never to bring a dead animal into our house, I'll promise never to cook it for you".
(I gathered it really wasn't a question).
So 46 years of hunting, a lot of game taken, and not even a single deer head mounted...but knock on wood, the marriage is still going along
Big Grin

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Lol I do have one room in the house set aside for dead animals we are going on 34 years but I do the criter cooking lol

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Makes me glad to have my own wife. I've got 2 and a half quarts of muskrat glands in our main freezer and a bunch of brains. We had to buy another freezer for added space because I don't keep up on my brain tanning and deer hides take up a lot of room. And she has to move a stack of beaver pelts to even get in them. And if we didn't eat wild meat neither of us would weigh 20 pounds.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I have two refridgerators and two full freezers. One of each is mine and one each is hers. I have all my wild game in one and store some of my biats (fishing and trapping) in my 'Fridge. The 'regular' food is stored inmy wife's 'Fridge and Freezer. Works well as I don't even think refridgerated food would taste as good with a little trapping lure scent on them.

BTW, when we got married, she brought her own carved decoys (mostly from DU Auction), so my furs, fish and animals hanging on the walls fit right in. We used to go to DU banquets and she would go crazy buying decoeys and matching pictures.

I think I'll keep her around for a while. She's a keeper.

L8R...Ken

Posts: 403 | Location: In the Hardwoods of Eastern Iowa | Registered: 15 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
My little bride(of 38 yrs) has always helped with the processing of game,the only time she balked,was with Turkey,told me to always dress it before entering the house,lol,but as far as freezer space,nary a word. We are lucky men gentlemen,lucky

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
B Stanly..Glad to hear you survived her onslott!!
The wild game and fish are fine in my freezers..
its the bear fat,turkey wings,etc. that rings in my ears.I'd be lost without 2 freezers.
She loves to bake,Imagine to my surprise when I opened the freezer early in the fall and she had 5 carrott cakes baked ready for my hunting trips to share..When I ask what I can bring on a trip they(hunting buddies) all say Deb's Carrott cake!

Posts: 122 | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I'm always in a peck of trouble if I don't bring my deer home for my wife of nearly 40 years to help skin and butcher. This year Homesteader Jack wanted me to hang a deer at his cabin and let him help me skin and quarter it. The idee nearly scared me to death. Wasn't long before the deer was in the bed of my conveyance, the tailgate was up and I was on my way home - with the deer whole, 'cept gutted.

It ain't that I'm henpecked,zackly - just growed wiser over the years . . .

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Sticks 4% of all men are henpecked the other 96% lie about it.....Smiler

Booshway
posted Hide Post
I'm still a young guy but some people still wonder why I have no serious girlfriend or plans to settle. . . I thought these were tall tales?

Wild as the wind

Posts: 404 | Location: Hittin the road | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
We have an extra, upright freezer in the garage. The bottom half of it is all mine. Venison and other game on the two shelves, and stinky catfish bait on the bottom. Wink

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post