New
Find
Notify
Tools

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY!!!
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Groannnnnn, says tha chair as ye try ta lift another fork of cranberry, sausage and sage dressin' to ya pie hole! Burrrrrrrrrp, ya say! Can't stomach 'nother bite ya say! Jist think ov thet BIG slice ov mincemeat pie waiting fer ye! Groannnnnn!!

Hope you fellas didn't over do the eating and enjoyed a post turkey coma!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I wish I'da had room for 3 or 4 more plates yesterday, it was that good! No sage dressing down here though, living on the salt we have oyster dressing for Thanksgiving. Mmmm. Smiler

Hope you all had a good one!

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Oh geez!I stuffed myself last night and now you got me drooling again,you're an evil man,Xfox!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
I have been on a diet for a year now. Last year the week before Thanksgiving I arrived back from the USA at 220 lbs., an even 100 kilos. It was time for a change. In this last twelve months I have lost 30 lbs. My goal was 180 but I seemed to have plateaued at 190. So, I decided to celebrate Thanksgiving properly, knowing I would gain...but 3 and a half lbs.?!! I know it is just a full gut. now I have to coordinate diet with scarfing down leftovers. It may be just a holding operation for a week or so. The wife sure canput on a feast though.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Heh,don't even try,just now...Wives can get touchy 'bout you not "appreciating" their cooking....I'm just getting past a plateau at 215lbs.Going down that isWink

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
you're both BIG guys, then. Over the years my weight ranged from 129, best fighting weight, to 138, in my 50s and early 60s. With the ra, I can't train like I used to and have added 20 lbs. Might not sound like much but on me at 5'4" it is a lot. I'm a fat, old man, now. Aaaarrgh...

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Sigh, I wish... I fell from a peak of 220 to 156 lbs and am trying very hard to add weight. I’m just shy of 6’3”, and have not weighed this little since grade 8! Trouble is all these medications. I sometimes wonder if the treatment is worse than the desiese.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Wow, Walk, I have wondered this myself, already. I have steadfastly refused to take meds for my high blood pressure and my high cholesteral. It might kill me in the end, but I have seen the struggles others have had on those meds. And at age 69 heading fast for 70 I am not concerned. The Lord may take me home any time He wants. He has given me a more satisfying life than I could have imagined. I really don't have much else to accomplish or prove. My next goal is to just live instead of accomplish much new.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Hope all had a Happy Thanksgiving! I don't weigh much more then when I was playing football, and in the army. Mine shifted sometime over the years and dropped. Went from a waist size 32 to 42. Hmmmm..... Gravity is a constant in the universe.

Posts: 101 | Location: Davidsville , PA | Registered: 10 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Walkingeagle:
Sigh, I wish... I fell from a peak of 220 to 156 lbs and am trying very hard to add weight. I’m just shy of 6’3”, and have not weighed this little since grade 8! Trouble is all these medications. I sometimes wonder if the treatment is worse than the desiese.
Walk

I know exactly what you mean, Walkingeagle. The methotrexate shots got rid of about all my body hair and caused my "raven locks" to thin out. Toxic stuff is a double edged sword.

And, volatpluvia, While I've always had good numbers - BP, cholesterol, etc - I haven't taken Cholesterol measurements in a long time and do not care to. Doctors can't even make up their minds about that and BP as far as what's good & what's not.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Well,I'll try again.This computer is bugging me.Every once in a while,while I'm trying to post,it just blips out,I lose the reply window,and what I was trying to post disappears.
Anyway,I was going to say I'm not that mush taller than you,Hanshi,5'8".I'm just built like a fireplug.My best fighting weight was 180#.I know I'll never see 20 again,but I'd like to get my waist under 40".I think it'll help my knees,and back.

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Hanshi, I know the 'wisdom' on those things has changed so many times in my lifetime. One friend coughedhimself unconscous from BP meds, Another said his a$$ hurt so bad from cholesoral meds he could hardly ride in a car. One BP med is made from the venom of a snake from the Amazon forest. I think it is the one that causes the cough. I really want to take that!

pistuo deo lalo