MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2017 be a Great Year for All!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2017 be a Great Year for All!
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Walna, 'nother year has past 'n' some of us have grown older in body but not necessarily in mind. We think, "I'm too young to be an "old man"!!"

I tell my kids, who are all in their, mid to late 40's, on their birthdays that I'm too young to have kids THAT OLD! Yepper, it's all in tha mind, I tell ya!

Jest because: ya still wear blue jeans; our knees 'n' shoulders snap 'n' crackle when we get up out of a chair; we fall asleep while reading a book (usually after reading the same paragraph 3-4 times); some of us ol'timers hit tha hay at 9:30pm(others like me, don't seem ta crash before 1:00am); we look in tha mirror fer signs thet we are beginning ta look like our grandfathers; young men step forward ta open a door fer ya 'n' young women say yer "a sweet ol'man" fer complimentin' them on their looks, 'n' yer wife mutters about being married to an "old man"; it's all a state ov tha mind I tell ya!

Keep an eye to the ridgeline......'n' keep repeatin' "I aint old yet! I aint old yet! I aint old yet!"

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I'll tell ya,I'm amazed I've made it this far.I am proud of my grey hair,I worked hard for each and every one'a them....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I just don't know whether to be shocked or elated that I've made it this far.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
You Old Fox, I just love it when I ride my bicycle thru a nearby pueblo with the white beard glistening in the sunlight and my gut preceeding evrything else, the niños y niñas shout Santa Claus! I just grin, wave, and keep on riding. Haw haaww! El León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Happy New Years my brothers. May the best be yet to come!
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Happy New Years to all !

Posts: 101 | Location: Davidsville , PA | Registered: 10 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed...Happy New Year to all around the camp fire. May the new one treat us all kindly.
TC Albert

Posts: 29 | Registered: 04 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Happy Happy

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of bangfxr
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year and may the upcoming season bring joy and happiness around the fires in the evening getting reaquainted with old friends and making of new friends.

Families sleep peaceably in their beds at night as there are rough men about who will do violence in their behalf.

Posts: 48 | Location: Indianapolis. | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Heh,I did the Santa thing at a local strip mall for the second year in a row this year. I had an absolute blast....Never thought I would like it as much as I do.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post