MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    NOT Going Turkey Hunting for Thanksgiving This Year
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOT Going Turkey Hunting for Thanksgiving This Year
 Login/Join

Factor
posted
As the title says, I'm NOT going turkey hunting prior to Thanksgiving this year!

Last year was a lot of trouble, and it turned out to be more expensive than I had thought it would be.

I got dressed and went out before first light, and picked a good spot where I could get a good shot at one. A bunch arrived and I shot the first one that appeared!

It was a clean shot and dropped instantly. Wink

You'd a thought that guy off-loading the truck at the back of the supermarket would've been more polite..., I mean after all I'm a good shot and knocked it clean out of his arms as he was coming out of the back of the reefer-trailer. Not like I was that close to him. Eeker I didn't put a hole in the truck or nuthin'.

I'd go back this year, but I gots this piece of paper from the judge titled, Restaining Order, and I got a purty hefty fine too. Confused BUT that paper expires this year so maybe next year?

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3661 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
WOW! I'm not absolutely sure of how the situation occurred but it sure sucks. I don't blame you.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3131 | Location: Virginia (by way of Georgia) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I,on the other hand,am in the clear.....Heh. Big Grin

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 1487 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post