Find
Notify
Tools

May/June ML
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of Dick
posted
Now, I know there are different people on board with the ML magazine--but I just got my May/June issue. I like the way Bill and Linda did things, but I've gotta say the color photos are nice! Good first issue for the new kids.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I agree ! However I don't care if the pictures are hand done with crayons as long as the type of articles and quality don't change. This is the only "cover to cover" read available.

Posts: 18 | Location: Vassalboro, Maine | Registered: 25 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
Just got mine today, I like the extra color.

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of AK Mike
posted Hide Post
Just did my renewal today. The webpage did not remember my e-mail or log in. Had to re do it. Maybe they got erased when things changed!

Posts: 66 | Location: Big Lake, Alaska | Registered: 26 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Lads - I too just received the May/June ML and agree that it is a decent first effort. The color is nice, but at least my copy had some problems with the printing- some of the pictures were rather washed out.

Now, there was one thing in Mark Sage's article on Daniel Boone that really has me confused. In the text, in two locations, he states that Daniel died in 1829...however, all the material I have ever read on Daniel states it was in 1820 that he passed. And the photo of the marker on the Boone grave at Frankfort,Ky, shows the 1820 date.

So, what the heck? One text error I can understand, but two (in headlines!) seems a bit much to me. Is Mark telling us new information here, or did that somehow get messed up?

Us Boone descendants want to know!! :-)

Col Boone

Posts: 728 | Location: Volcano, Hawaii | Registered: 22 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Boone,
I confess I was one of the proofreaders on that issue. As soon as I opened the mag when it arrived, I found two typos I'd missed. I surely didn't look at the dates for D. Boone's death. It must be my fault.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Dick - Certainly forgivable and no insult intended...but, you got to understand that it made me wonder if I had to re-learn my Great Grandfather's history!! (Big grin...)

I think that ML is doing ok - Jason seems to have caught the general drift that Bill established, and it seems the task now is to continue selecting articles that are worthy, readable, and cover the rather broad range of sub-interests within this lifestyle. That is the hard part and Bill did it well.

I, for one, am encouraged and am hopeful that Jason gives my MS a read...Bill liked it and said it would run, but then it got too close to the turnover and he postponed it. I guess only time will tell.

Col Boone

Posts: 728 | Location: Volcano, Hawaii | Registered: 22 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've got one in that category, too. I was only kidding about my guilt--it's impossible to find them all! Though it probably IS my fault! Eeker

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Dick - Well, it has long been known that any time you commit your thoughts to print you will soon find out how wrong you are! Proof reading is perhaps the most difficult - our eyes see the error, but our brains simply "correct" that error and it is missed! Happened to me more times than I would admit - thank goodness for Spell Check. Now, when will computers have "Fact Check"? That would sure be handy!

Col Boone