Find
Notify
Tools

snow.... GRRRRRRRRRRR
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted
Well, boys and girls... it's snowing AGAIN in the NEW RIVER VALLEY of Western Virginia. I watched it poo all over the drive all morning and knew it was a heavy wet snow... real heart attack stuff. Anyway, about 2+" in it seemed to quit(not so significant compared to what others are getting again and again. Heck... not so significant to what WE'VE gotten recently).

So, ole' MR gets on his snow togs and heavy Canadian boots and out I went to push, not lift (remember the heart attack snow?). After around 2 hours of work I was finished (this would normally take me about 20 minutes, but I have a cast on my right wrist courtesy of the LAST -insert really dirty word here- SNOW. I was finished. I was proud. I was cold as heck except for my feet in my Canadian boots... I was also dumbfounded to realize that about the time I finished the drive, it had started to snow again.

Well, if nothing else, that just goes to prove that the BIG RANGER (that's what Rangers call God) really does have a sense of humor... bless his heart. I'm back inside now, warm with a toddy just a watchin' it snow. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Rain down here.
Yesterday we almost got up to 70*F. I turned over my garden soil, then I went fishing. I caught four nice rainbows. We had them for dinner last night.
However, today the temperature has dropped back into the 30's. Cold rain continues. It might change into snow tonight, but we don't expect much of it.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Love living in God's mountains,but I do wish HE would share this snow with other folk Wink

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
He shared it with us yesterday Mike. Most of it blew into the bar ditches an d the rest melted off today. 60's and 70's for the next 10 days.

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Newoodsrunner
posted Hide Post
weatherman predicted 2 to3 inches here so where did this extra 6 inches come from

Posts: 461 | Location: SW Okla | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Apparently,someone stole it from us.....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
68 degrees and sunny in NorCal. But since we are in a 7-year drought that is not a good thing. Can you send some of that white stuff our way?

"Any day you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good day"

Posts: 428 | Location: Northwestern California | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Well there is this bright light above me now,,I have seen it before,but it's been awhile. Cool

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
MountainRanger, I'm with you on this snow thing. One sees very little of this stuff down in Ga. In fact, I never saw (in 62 years) sho-nuff snow until I moved to Va. Well, I've seen enough.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Most of the precipitation we recieve through the year is in the form of snow,here in the High Desert.....And we didn't get enough to really measure this year,folks are getting nervous....We've been feeling the drought too.

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I don't mind snow, as long as it doesn't do any structural damage to my place it's all right. We haven't had much this year or last, and that worries me. I plow it with my 4 wheeler. most years we have over 3 feet in our back yard and I wish we had it this year. I've always kind of liked being snowed in. It give a feeling of freedom from the outside world.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
hey hanshi... this is a true story about snow and Georgia... in about 1973 I was just back from my last tour in viet nam, republic of and living in Phenix City AL, just across the Chatahoochie from Columbus. We got a heavy whopping of wet snow that muust have gone close to about 17". There was only a couple of folks near me who had ever seen it before, let alone make a snowman. We made a snow guy, sitting on the john. Was in the papers... hehe. true story

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Mr, that reminds me of our bivouac at the gen-you-wine veetnam village they built for us at fort gordon, ga, back in late january '66, complete with tripwires, hidden ammo caches, and other fooferah. we got 8" of sure-nuff snow the night we wuz to train there; betcha we had th' onliest zippo-proof hootches in th' natcher'l world next day!
mind yer topknot!
windy

Posts: 487 | Location: wetside o' washington | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I've done some first class shivering in Vietnam during monsoons in the central highlands. Everything I own wet for what seemed like forever and it seemed cold at 70 degrees.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of AK Mike
posted Hide Post
Today's snowfall totaling 1.7 inches in ‪#‎Anchorage‬ ranks 5th for winter snowfall this 2014-2015 season. In fact, today's snowfall is more than all the snow from February and March combined. Seemed like no winter in Alaska this year at all.

Posts: 66 | Location: Big Lake, Alaska | Registered: 26 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I haven't had the snow shovel out this year....In fact,I don't know where it is.....

Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted Hide Post
Got some much needed snow yesterday. Oughta help green up the meadows.

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Snow? HA! Let me tell ya'll 'bout snow... Wink

Upstate New York, winter of 86-87. Snow was 5' deep on the level. One country road near the village of Trout River was closed most of the winter because of a snow drift that covered the utility poles beside the road!
I got a lot of use of my snowshoes that winter.
I was transfered to Michigan in the spring of 87. Plenty more snow there!

Retired, and we moved down here to the mid-south. A 1 inch snowfall is a big deal down here. I like a little snow now and then, but I sure do not miss the deep snows of the north.

Yesterday, I was out turkey hunting. The afternoon temperature hit 85*F. Saw one tom, but he saw me, too, and he left for parts unknown.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
...snow, cold... a pox on them both

Sua Sponte

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was sitting on the back balcony just before dark. As the temp fell below 80 I had to go in and put a tee shirt on.
León Eugenio Hombre del Bosque

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post