Find
Notify
Tools

Sheba the treking dog
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted
We had to put down one of our dogs yesterday.
Sheba was a great dog. She was a mix of German shepherd and husky. Sheba looked liked a dog from a Fredrick Remington painting.
My favorite "almost pre-1840" memory of her is once one trek we were walking on a river bank.
She an I came across a guy fishing just off the bank in a small boat. He starts to ask guestions about my gear and whatnot. A fish is then hooked on his line, as he is talking to me and reeling in his line, up goes Sheba wading in the water and steals the fish right off the hook.
We all had a good laugh.
She was 14 and we had her from 3 years on.
Thanks for letting me share.
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss andy. Nothing like those furry partners. Great story and memory.

Posts: 207 | Location: The Folle Avoine | Registered: 19 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Mitch
posted Hide Post
I know just how you feel amigo...Know she's waiting for you "just on the other side"...

Ride the high trail...never tuck your tail
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population....

Posts: 787 | Location: Near the 4Corners..along the Escalante Trail | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your losing Sheba. She sounds like a great dog. It's such a hard thing to do...

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deercop
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry about the loss of Sheba. 14 years is a long life for a large dog.
My condolences to you and your family.

Posts: 649 | Location: Clovis, New Mexico | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas,
She had a good long run. The hard part is watching her 3 cats that see rasied from kittenhood look for her...
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss andy. Our dogs are our family too. Its tough tonwatch them get old and pass. RH

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I've had two dogs in my life-time too. My wife had to have her 15 yr old cat put down earleir this year. It's hard to lose friends and family like pets.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post