New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stos a comming
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
Stay safe!!! Take breaks shoveling!! Fill your tub with water. Your grill can still heat water n cook. Be safe everybody n here's hopen its not as bad as predicted

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Leonard
posted Hide Post
But DO NOT use the grill INDOORS !!!

Carbon monoxide is odorless and WILL kill you.

Posts: 46 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 28 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
It's snow !!! not a comet going to hit the earth,,relax!!! come August, in the hay field it will still be hot,,,This could start a pattern and it could snow every year,,,

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Leonard your exactly right, figured common sense would have that covered but in today's America would be better to actually say it. Crow true enough but t last time we had a possible snow like this in the mid-atlantic was just shy a 20 years ago. LOL around here (shaking his head) just the threat of snow n folks start panicing. Heck DC got an inch or so a couple days ago over some frozen rain n the streets looked like a bumpper car rally HAHAHA LAST EVENING STOPPED TO GET SOME SALAD makens n a younger woman had two carts literally overflowing, white knuckled n panicked eyes n the snows not even supposed to get here until tonight. Guess it goes along with the dumbing down n whoosifying of America last 30 years or so

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
It's a far cry from the way things work in Ga. One inch of snow closes schools, offices, gov buildings, etc. Two inches does the above plus the National Guard is activated. More than that and a "State of Emergency" is declared.

Folkes swarm grocery stores and seem to clear the shelves of (only) bread and milk. And most of these people consume little if any bread or use very much milk. I tend to think it's more for appearances as they want everyone else to see them as "prepared" and "prudent".

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hanshi, that is how it is here in southeastern TN. The local people simply cannot drive in this stuff!

I grew up in NJ. As a teenager I had a little motorcycle. I rode that thing all winter long. Fell down a lot, too Razzer

I lived for 6 years in southern AZ. No snow, but the fine powdery dust was slick as goose grease when it got wet.
Lived in the Adirondack Mtns. of NY for a year. Learned to use snowshoes there.
Then 14 years in MI. Saw all the snow that I wanted to see there.
Retired and moved here to southeast TN. Just enough snow here to keep me happy. Usually about 6 inches total for the year. Other parts of the state sometimes get more.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
In the 62 years prior to moving to Va, I'd NEVER seen sho-nuff snow. I did see a good bit while stationed at Ft. Lee while in the army. In the years since then I've become "enlightened".

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Leonard
posted Hide Post
I was raised in the Smokies of Western North Carolina, so we had snow - was amused when I went back down to GA about how they panicked over a bit of snow - and that's without having mountain roads to deal with (only 2 lane roads in that area of Cherokee-Asheville back in the '60's).

Then I went into the USAF, and they stationed me first in Kansas and then in South Dakota - all in an effort to "winterize" me, I think, lol!

The winters in Iowa I can deal with after living in Rapid City and the Black Hills !!!

I remember one Halloween in the Hills when I was taking my daughter trick-or-treating - it started snowing. We were in 1840 period outfits with capotes, so didn't have to cover up our "costumes" with a modern coat. We didn't see the ground again 'till Mother's Day !!!

We had a total of 52" that year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Leonard,

Posts: 46 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 28 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Love up around the Boone, Blowing Rock, beautiful country

Greenhorn
Picture of Leonard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Birdman61:
Love up around the Boone, Blowing Rock, beautiful country

That is very true !!!