MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    Martins Station last weekend
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martins Station last weekend
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Lads - Well, Martins was, if possible, even better than last year. We are told it was perhaps the biggest group of participants ever, and the audience for the Sat battles was huge.
Fine talks by Mark Baker and others, and a stunning presentation by Mad Anne Bailey, that had several strong men in tears.

On Sat afternoon in camp I saw David Wright in conversation with Dale Buxton, Mark Baker and Ted Belue discussing a point of history, and Carroll Ross and Tom Black bustling about the fire preparing yet another of their amazing meals. What a grand bunch of "Frontier Trash"!

The Big Fight was fantastic. A large number of participants and once again we held our ground in Powell's Valley...though it was in question at times.

For a glimpse of Big Kids at play, check out this You Tube clip. Self is seen in the foreground briefly at about 2 min in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f...bedded&v=1vg8vmbTheY

What a fantastic weekend it was!!!

Col Boone

Posts: 728 | Location: Volcano, Hawaii | Registered: 22 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Thanks Col. Boone,
Good to see the men out there playing.
León Hombre del Bosque

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Sorry that I missed it. I was up in WV attending a chunkgun shoot that Saturday. I took the back roads home and did drive right past Martin's Station late in the afternoon. I had intended to camp that night at the Cumberland Gap, but the campgrounds in the park were closed until Memorial Day, and I didn't see another anywhere, so I just kept driving for another three hours until I got home.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing Col. Boone it was good to see.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Hunts4Deer
posted Hide Post
Col. Boone,
You've come far, Pilgrim...

John
Vive le Roy!

Posts: 513 | Location: Colony of Maryland | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hunts4 - Well, Sir, I appreciate the comment and the good wishes. I have, and continue, tried to hone the presentation as best I am able.

As this has progressed I find myself growing most comfortable in "historic mode"...it just feels "right". Perhaps it is "Genetic Memory" at work...who knows?

Suffice it to say, my dedication to this grows and I shall continue to follow the trail until I no longer can force my aging body to cooperate.
Seems a long way from that, so I hope I shall see you in camp down the trail one day...

If so, please come up and say hello - I really enjoy meeting folk whom I encounter on this, and other forums.

Col Boone

Posts: 728 | Location: Volcano, Hawaii | Registered: 22 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post