MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    HoHoHo! Merry Christmas one and all!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HoHoHo! Merry Christmas one and all!
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Hope you all are enjoying a Merry Christmas this day!

After a hectic week to 10 days of nasty weather it is a rather pleasant +45f today. Just two days ago it was -20f and snowing! Of course, the warmer weather causes some issues out in the horse yard with icy spots, post-holing in the soggy snow moving hay, and getting over heated doing it.

I'm going to settle down in my favorite chair with a hot cup of Lapsang and a big piece of mincemeat pie, a comfortable fire in the woodstove, to enjoy as I peruse a new, to me, book.

The title is BENT'S FORT by David Lavender, published in 1954. It is a very comprehensive work on the American Fur Trade leading up to, and during, the trading post era. Looks to be a good read.

The onliest thing missing today is a fine fruitcake to munch upon.......sighhhhh!.......maybe next year!

Keep an eye to the ridgeline....'n' yor fire toasty!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Just got back from a week in less frigid locales. Twas nice, but got to catch up on some chores....My son left a small sliver of fruitcake for me. He's a good kid. Merry Christmas all you old farts!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Ahh. A soothing drink, snack, and a good book before a warming fire. What's better than that?

Christmas dinner with family. Good food, good conversation, presents exchanged.

Remembrance, and thanks for what the day is for.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Amen

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
I, on the other hand, was struck down by Covid-19. Started feeling puny Wednesday evening. Thursday I was sicker than a dog, chills, 101 fever, not good. Took the Covid test which we still had and got the two pink lines that I was positive. Or, my wife informed me, I could be pregnant as the test for that is done the same way. I'm over most of it now, but Carol came down with it on Christmas Day.

Our neighbor dropped off some lasagna, bread sticks and cookies for our Christmas dinner, bless his little heart.

It's been between 0 and 20 degrees here the last week or so, with snow to boot. Had a heck of a time getting into the car with all the doors frozen shut. I managed to open one so I could get to the ignition switch and start it and let it run for 10 minutes to thaw out. Got the rest of the doors open and sprayed the weather stripping with silicone so they won't freeze shut again and that was enough of that!

Now I feel another nap coming on.....

Posts: 70 | Registered: 07 January 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post