New
Find
Notify
Tools

'NotherYear Passes!
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Walna, the old saying is that whatever you're doing tha last hour of the year is what you'll be doing fer tha next year.

Here I am getting ready to go out in 6f and light snow to check on the horses and feed them a late meal of hay to keep them warm through the night. So, I guess that is what I'll be doing all of 2022, recycling grass cuttings into fertilizer!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to here at the Campfire!

Keep an eye to the ridgeline.....'n' here's hoping your future is better than mine!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Walna, the old saying is that whatever you're doing tha last hour of the year is what you'll be doing fer tha next year.

I was sleeping. Went to bed about 10pm. So---zzzzz Smiler

Actually 2021 was a decent year for us. We got over our health issues, no major illnesses, regular workouts at the "Y" have improved our strength and stamina, the stock market served us well, our kids and grandkids are all doing okay, hunting was poor but fishing was moderately successful; overall a good year.

Here's to a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year - Everyone.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol, I was watching history vids on the you tubey thing....And drinking coffee, trying to stay warm.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Walna, I got to bed a 1:30am, as I had to put a blanket on our 5yo Rocky Mt mare and stayed out to make sure the bombardment didn't spook the horses.

It was -6f by the time I got back in the log cabin, threw another chunk of wood in the stove, and finally let my head hit the pillow. Was up at 6am to check on the horses and feed them a warm mash to help them deal with the chill.

Dang near frosted my nose hairs doing chores this morning!

The heat from the woodstove felt real welcome to my backside, and the big mug of hot Mexican chocolate hit the spot too!

Got tack and saddles to clean and repair this afternoon, firewood to pack to the cabin, hay bales to move too.

Hummmpf......Sounds like I need to consider getting a part-time job jest to git a good days rest!

Keep an eye to the ridgeline.....'n' yer toes from gittin' frosty!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol, I know what you're talking 'bout. Since I retired, I don't have time for a job anymore... Now my wife is sick, so I'm doing her chores too.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Well, let's see. I was loafing around and watching a little TV before going to bed. I guess, then, that I know what I'll be doing in 2022.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crossfox:
The heat from the woodstove felt real welcome to my backside, and the big mug of hot Mexican chocolate hit the spot too!

Back when Noah was bobbing around in a box full of animals, he had the dogs go around looking for any problems. They came to a leak, not big but still needed to be taken care of. The male dog stuck his nose against the cold water spurting in to try to slow it down while his wife went to find Noah. She didn't find him, but did find his wife who came running. She pushed the dog out of the way and tried to stop the cold flow with her bare hands so both dogs could run to find Noah. They did eventually and he came down, looked at the situation, pulled up his robe and pushed his buttock against the leak. This effectively sealed it so he could have his sons get a patch over it from the outside.
Ever since, then, a dog has a cold, wet nose, a woman has cold hands, and a man stands with his back to the fire....

Posts: 70 | Registered: 07 January 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post