New
Find
Notify
Tools

energetic puppys;0)
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
ok all ya dog people will understand this. The crew decides its time of the morning to go outside n relieve themselves so as a good parent you drag yer self out of a nice warm bed n let em outside, whils they are occupied you figure its just to dang early to get up yet n decide on 40 more winks, YEA RIGHT after ya let em in n try to go back to bed , that little 8month old 5 pound ball of energy thinks not, On the bed, off the bed like a yo yo, somewhere or other she gets one of her squeaky toys n decides to annihalate it in the middle of your back all the while makeing somesrot of unholy racket with the squeaker in it, then the iceing on the cake she stands on the side of your head n licks your nose, you just barely open one eye to look at her n SHES GOT YA, DADDYS AWAKE its time to play, COME ON DADDY LETS PLAY ewith that heart wrentching smile n look ofadoration they give ya,You know what I mean, ears up, tail wagging body just quivering with excitement. In the back of your mind the thought crosses- wonder if I can strangle her dead three times n get some sleep, ya know ya won't but ya still are thinken it hehehe, ah well the trials n tribulations of being a parent. I've got 4 Chihuahuas, 16-8-3 n the pup thats 8months, for all of 6 or 7 pounds they think they are 40 pound meat ginders when out in the yard, maybe I should have told em how small they are-OOPS- YA CAN'T HELP BUT LUV EM cause they give it back a thousand times over. oh yea, this all took place this morning, Sunday, at 4:30am, GRRRRRRRRR somehow I just gotta teach em about sleeping in on the weekend

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Birdman- our boonhound(half black&tan and half basset) slams his chin on the side of the bed when it's time to get up. My dad has a coffe mug with the words on the side-IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOUR THE BEST.DON'T SEEK A SECOND OPION.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
wife's cat has his own alarm clock. 5:00 ever morning. The only thing is, he leans over and licks her to wake her up... Guess what the first thing I see in the morning is??? hint, it ain't the tongue end.

anything worth shooting is worth shooting once.

Posts: 126 | Location: Demokratik Republik of Washington | Registered: 29 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
Well, me and my lady don't have a bunch, just one but he is a Great Dane/English Mastiff cross and weighs in at 200 lbs. Often, he crawls up between us from the foot of the bed. Then he attempts to turn sidewise. The generally tosses me out of the bed!

shoot first ask questions later

Posts: 220 | Location: Lyman, WY....just 6 miles from Ft. Bridger! | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well I have a couple of dogs who have different plans about the morning. The English Mastiff is able put his head on the bed, even though it is raised, and bang you with his nose. The Aussie Shepard is actually the better sleeper, even though she is younger, and will just wait for you to get up.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder of how puppies enrich our lives, Birdman.

I'm fresh out of dogs.

To wake me up, one of my golden retrievers would bump me with squeek ball.

In a rural part of town I used to see a plywood scrap hanging on a fence. The scrawl on the board said simply "Jack Russell Terrier Puppies."

Simple and normal enough. But the sign stayed there for MONTHS! Knowing Jack Russells I began to understand why the sign was scrawled. Can you imagine living in a house with a litter of Jack Russells for months? That would be like living inside a popcorn popper!

Sparks

"I thought when you said you chased tornadoes, it was just a metaphor."
--soon to be ex-fiance in Twister

Posts: 247 | Location: Boise | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post