New
Find
Notify
Tools

joy from a dog
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
many of us are owned by dogs. Its their house n we just live there as a suppot system. Last night I got many a laugh from my liege acting like a monkey butt with her favotie toy a simple egg drop soup container(the smaller size) now shes an 11 month old Chihuahua pup about 5 or 6 pounds. I was busy puttering n wasn't paying attention to her so she decided to entertain herself with her toy. She would set it up just so n then back off a foot or two crouch down get all set n attack it. We have hardwood floors so it would bounce n careen all over the room with her hot on its tail swatting with her paws n smacking it with her nose to keep it bouncing around.Then she would eventually pick it up, bring it right back to where she started from, set it down just so n start all over again. Watching her back off from it n crounch down n go into attack mode wea hilarious, then the on slaught attack to get it bounceing around along with the growls and intimadation sounds coming out of her was off the charts funny. She must have done this 15 or 20 times in a row, set the tube, crouch and attack. Well to say I forgot about what I was doing n just sat, watched n laughed would be an understatement. Little monkey butt figured out a game to entertain herself cause daddy wasn't paying attention to her. After a bit she tired of the game, grabbed the tub n hopped up into my lap(her favorite spot)and was shortly fast asleep still holding the tub in her mouth, her snoreing echoing through the room.What can ya say to free entertainment like that. Its been a tough n long week n I was a bit down last night n she brought me straight out of the doldrum like a shot. I keep telling people to just spell DOG backwards once in awhile n that in itself explains exactly why the little mutts love us so much. Funny how it works out that way with the spelling ain't it.Wheter large or small like mine dogs are something special to be sure, mighty happy I have had so many fantastic four legged family memebers in my life. Ya all have a great weekend n hope this brought a chuckle to yer heart. YMHS Birdman

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deercop
posted Hide Post
Birdman, taking my dog for a morning walk in the country is all the therapy I will ever need.
Can't help but smile and relax while watching a dog enjoy doing doggy stuff...and every so often look back and check on you with a wag of the tail and the big grin Golden Retrievers are famous for.
Always ready for an adventure..even if it's just a ride to the hardware store.

Posts: 649 | Location: Clovis, New Mexico | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes! My (now deceased) basset, Micky, was my running partner for many years and needed NO leash. She would wait outside my bedroom door every morning to greet me when I woke up and to give her the usual tummy rub. When we moved to the city in Va and I used a leash (cars, you know), if one of her feet stepped across the leash she would stop cold and wait for her daddy (me) to pick her foot and put it on the opposite side of the leash; and then we could go merrily along our way. If it was time for a walk and my wife wanted to take all three doggies, Micky would sit at the open door until I stepped outside before she would follow them. To say I still morn this little child after a year and a half would be the understatement of the century. They are truly "angels with whiskered faces".

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post

Yep,..dogs make a house a home. Best regards. Rockerhound

Sometimes...even a cat...

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Why, that looks a bit like my old cat, Smitty! How'd he end up in Iowa 18 years later!!!?

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Did Smitty have a mean left hook? RH

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Yeah dogs are awesome. My dog is my best and sometimes only friend and I spend wayyyyyyy more time with him than any other human beings in my life. We have a language and I know what he's saying when he looks at me and he knows what I'm saying when i actually speak and talk to him (which I do a lot).being self employed I take him to any work i do. Yeah i see dog spelled backwards is god but can't you just let the dog have their ingenuity from themselves and not something else. Like maybe their brain is so adept just because they are and not because some "higher form".

Wild as the wind

Posts: 404 | Location: Hittin the road | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I have preferred dogs to people all of my life. We are down to 4 curs. The only one happy that we are down to 4 is the vaccum cleaner.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I live alone except for 3 dogs in the house. I have an old Rottie(12) & 2 blue Weimaraners (1 & 3). My girlfriend came over & saw that the neighbors down the road were havin' a yard sale. She walked down there with the blues runnin' free. It's very rural, no traffic. She was talkin' to the woman when she sees both blues headed home, each with a very large bunny, slippers, in their mouths. These dogs are both 100 lbs each. She tried to pay the woman for them, but she said the laugh was worth the price!

Posts: 302 | Location: Az. | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Jeremiah, we got a good laugh out of that, too.
My own dog learned to fetch our evening newspaper in from the end of our driveway. The trouble is that she sometimes also brings us our neighbor's newspapers, too.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post