New
Find
Notify
Tools

It breaks my heart
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Right there with ya, 'sticks. I barely know how to use my dumb phone. I had one'a them smart phones fer a little while; thought I needed it fer work. But that plant closed and I bounced around 'till I wound up h'yar in Wisconsin. Same company, different plant. Spent some time in Utah in between. Anyhow, not only could I not use the smartphone, my old eyes couldn't hardly SEE the dang thing. I gave it to my wife and went back to my old dumb phone.

Glad I never took no pictures'a lizards. Volie, I'm looking forward or the next installment of the story. Don't know I'd believe it if it weren't comin' from you.

Posts: 849 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Spot I'm with ya on those phones, my dumb phone has features I don't how how to use. Anything that comes with an instruction manual that looks like a phone book I ain't gonna master. Because I ain't gonna read the book. 'Sticks, one of the old jokes in 'nam was that a 'skeeter landed on the chopper pad one day and they pumped 40 gallons of JP 4 into him before they realized he was a mosquito instead of a helicopter. You start smart phoneing them and that's what you may end up with. This is all new information and something to be careful about.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmnnnnnnnn...
I may have to modify my next installment...
Hmmnnn...

León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Spot are you in Wisconsin now?????

Scoundrel I hear ya on them skeeters. I lived in the delta where they reg'larly killed and et mules, bones and all.

You fellers don't know how you stoked ol' Volie's fire. Like feedin' Spot's cat red meat . . .

Hidin'underarock'Sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hi 'sticks,

Yep, I'm up h'yar amongst the Yankees. Not too bad overall, too many packers fans though. Just kiddin', they're good folks.

Still got the place down there, went home fer early muzzleloading season and shot two little deer with my .40 Tennessee rifle, lost my water pump coming back and had to give my winter meat to the tow truck driver, but I'm survivin'. On (choke, gasp) beef and pork.

My daughter is up here with me, so that's good.

Anxious ya see what happens with Pasquale though, kinda concerned fer him...

Posts: 849 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Big Grin.......,uhhh,what was that?....Sorry,thought I heard something outside....Nah,I'm in Oregon,we don't have big lizards up here.....I hope....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hey there Boartooth,

You prob'ly better take a good look outside - I heard that cat was headed south, but you don't never know I don't guess. My son is at twenty-nine palms, and that cat was always kinda fond of him.

Don't you worry none though - as long as you 3-400 pounds of Little Friskies on hand, yer perfectly safe.

Factor
posted Hide Post
I'll be dogged, Spot! Makes it seem kinda lonesomey-like without you jest over in the next county.

I hear ya on Wisconsin. One of my favorite states. Go up there 'bout onct a year. Done got plans made fer this year. Speakin' engagements, y'see. They call me 'Cheese-a'billy' up there. I even have one o' them cheeseheads. I got to wear it for one game in the NFL playoffs. Last year I picked up some sharpenin' stones along Lake Michigan.

Best wishes to you an' your'n.

Fiddlesticks

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Okay,Guys, I really was happy to see y'all reading the story and making replys.
That is what got me thinking I needed to change the next segment. Your talk about it getting taller yet.
I can't do it. The story has reached it's apex and needs to be concluded. I'm telling you this so you won't be so disappointed.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Conclusion:
As Paco had mentioned pascuale started to change.
He didn't come in to watch TV as often after a while.
Paco didn't hear so much raucous noise coming from the tiny house.
Then one day Paco saw pascuale climb the property wall and sit up there for an hour. Later Pascuale came back and sat on paco's shoulder for an hour. He didn't talk in the little squeaky voice. He just nuzzled his little head against Paco's cheek and seemed to draw strength from it. Later he said to Paco that he appreciates very much all that Paco had done for him. But the words were difficult to form and a sadness filled his squeaky little voice.
When pascuale went back to his house Paco heard the lizard's TV real loud for just a few minutes and then it shut off.
Paco decided to check on him just before going to bed. He found the little house empty. He felt like crying.
A couple of days later pascuale spent most of the afternoon sitting on the wall and was actually eating bugs.
Paco checked the tank on the little stove and found the guage had not moved since two weeks before. So he checked the bug traps and they were full.
A thought occured to Paco, maybe the lizard needed a further treatment. So he borrowed a smart phone and got as close to pascuale as he could. It was not easy because pascuale seemed to be afraid of him again. Finally he was able to shoot pascuale's pic with the smart phone at three feet. He got a second shot off before pascuale went over the wall.
Paco did not see him again for three weeks. Then he was back on the wall eating bugs again. Later he saw pascuale chase a smaller female along the top of the wall and onto the neighbor's wall and then the next wall.
It was the last time he saw pascuale. It appeared that the lizard was just a lizard again.
He guessed that the smart phone thing was a one shot deal.

León

pistuo deo lalo

Booshway
posted Hide Post
....an thar ya go !......mos storys cumta th end wit th chasina th female of th specee !! So long Pascuale !!

teerinupRupe

Posts: 467 | Location: NW Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
"Flowers for Algernon"......Thought I recognized that story....Well,plot anyway....

Spot,I got a brainless dog that cat can have,if'n it gets this far north.....

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Boartooth,
I read that story about 35 years ago. Glad you remembered it. It was made into a TV movie later by another name.
I Swear I did not recognize that I was writing the story with a lizard as the cretin turned brainiac until I was in the last episode. Then it was too late.
Rupe,
It is just like adolescence. Your best buddy discovers girls and that is the last you see of him. Hee, hee...

pistuo deo lalo

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Well I'll be dogged. Nice catch Boartooth, I never made the connection to "Flowers for Algernon", but I can see it now. It was still a good tale, Volie. "Flowers for Pascuale"? (Algernon was the rat, right?)

The movie was called "Charlie" with Cliff Robertson as the Frankenstein character.

I still ain't seen hair nor hide of that cat, anybody sees him I'd sure like an update.

Fiddlesticks, I've seen them cheesehead hats. Funniest lookin' tricorns I ever saw, but ah figger whatever floats their stick...

Spot

Factor
posted Hide Post
Leon,it's a classic,I read it prolly 40ish years ago,had nightmares for quite awhile...Never saw the movie....I think the idea of losing my awareness of the world,and knowing it,scared me.

Spot,I don't know if this is pertinent to your missing cat,but a neighbor up the hill a ways had a dog get mauled by a lion,at least they claim it was a lion....

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hey there Boartooth,

Was it a horse-sized lion?

Was that dog clawed, scratched, er et? It makes a differnc'.

I'd watch them cows, if I was you.

They's pluses, of course. The cows around here is buryin' their own droppin's, and the farmers ain't' ahavin ta use their manure spreaders.

I reckon they's some advantages at breedin' yer cows to a horse-sized cat.

Not too sure about the meat though - cats and cows, and all. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
An idea idea occured to me: 'Daughter of Pinky'
Hhmmmnnnnnn...
Old volie

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
posted Hide Post
Drat yore hide, Volie! - this is gittin' creepy. Cat-like creepy.

And now I'm gittin' the itch to watch "Charly" agin atter all these years.

Scratchin'Sticks

Factor
posted Hide Post
Spot,I couldn't find out what condition that dog is in,dunno if it's even alive,course the difference between what a Lion,and a horse sized cat would do to a dog prolly doesn't matter....