Find
Notify
Tools

LOTM movie
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted
Ms. Audrey and I watched the movie: Last Of The Mohicans again this afternoon. We really enjoyed it again.
When we were finished we decided to look for the modern artifact while the British marched out of the fort.
I had read here a long time ago that it was a tank of gas.
Well, I found it by standing close to our LCD screen with my reading glasses on while Ms. Audrey stopped and started the movie.
To me, it appears to be some kind of pump spray can, a large one. We speculated that it might be a flame thrower or maybe a fire extinguisher. BUUUT, there also was a stainless steel bowl, just like a set Ms. Audrey has, in front of it. AAANNND, even more amazing, there was a tupperware container with its lid on beside the ss bowl. This was a flat rectangle like maybe you would store a one layer cake in.
These were setting near a series of burned off tree stumps along the road.
so there you have it. If anyone has seen the modern artifacts and thinks they were something else, I would be glad to hear his opinion.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
quote:
movie

Yes those modern items are there just as you say. I'm thinking that can might be a insecticide sprayer? Also, just before Col. Munro rides past Montcalm, again, while leaving the fort, there is what appears to be two white or silver buses or vans parked behind them, down the bank not quite out of sight. Must be Tupperware has been around for a lot longer than we thought. LOL

Posts: 69 | Registered: 12 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
IF you slow down the opening sequence where Hawkeye shoots the Buck Deer, at the point when the deer bolts you can see the staff member in a ball cap and red plaid shirt letting go of the animal for the scene... I guess it was too tough to wear a cammoflage shirt that day...

When Hawkeye is backing up Chingachgook as Chingachgook runs to help Uncas who has gone after the blond girl and Magwa, as Hawkeye is running along the mountain path his shoulder touches a boulder, and the prop boulder moves... probably cloth covering something out of place and the cloth was painted to look like stone.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Thanks to this thread the wife and I had to put our copy in and start looking for all the bloopers! Lol.

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
I just had a thought (the smoke alarm is about to go off). During the siege, the Frenchies ran out of ball for those huge mortars they were using and started grabbing anything they could find. Now, I'll bet we have all seen things in the wild during our treks that didn't belong. Maybe they didn't notice, it being dark an' all. That must be it. LOL

Posts: 69 | Registered: 12 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Willis Creek
posted Hide Post
Anything made by man is fallible. . .

"touch not the cat without a glove"
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Posts: 143 | Location: South of the Arkansas, on the slopes of St. Charles Peak, Colorado territory | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. Ms. Audrey says we will have to look for the other fun things y'all mentioned on the DVD.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post