Find
Notify
Tools

Throwing stones
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted
We took time off from working and went to the beach. And it would have been silly not to. So we were neck deep in water just under the temperature of a hot tub. After about two hours big clouds rolled in off the ocean and started to rain. It was really different watching the big drops splash on the waves. We stayed in the water for another hour because we were wet anyway and the rain was just a little cooler than the ocean. The air temperature most of the time was such that you could just sit anywhere and sweat, about a hundred degrees and very humid. The pelicans were diving all around us for fish. we entertained ourselves by picking nice smooth round stones off the bottom and throwing them at the pelicans, who pretty much ignored us. A couple of times a stone got pretty close, like a foot or two. I think one actually hit a bird.
So we finally decided that the women had waited long enough for their husbands and we got out of the water. About six of us rode on the the back of the pick up through the old part of town while it continued to rain. I estimated that the temp of the rain was about the temp of a heated pool. The buildings, with their flat rooves and little walls around the top had plastic pipes sticking out far enough to dump the rainwater on the street instead of the sidewalks. So we got treated to a stream of falling water two or three times per block. This water had cooled the sun heated rooves and was even hotter then a hot tub. so we didn't even have to shower off the salt from the ocean when we got back to the apartments at the old church building. I was going to say that we just dried ourselves and dressed. But actually we TRIED to dry ourselves. One is never really dry in Vallarta in August unless one is in air conditioning, which I can't stand.
Coming back to Chapala a 5000 feet in the sky is like being in air conditioning. I just checked the weather channel at Yahoo and Vallarta did not get down overnight to the projected high temperature hear in chapala for today.
Oh, we did get some industrial type and size trusses built for the new church building. It involved carrying some heavy lengths of L shaped steel and some squared steel beams. Some did a lot of cutting and the one pastor from here did a lot of welding.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Hey Volatpluvia. This wouldnt happened to be moisture from the hurricane would it?

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Bear Claw,
The weather chanel map shows that it likely was.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post