New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Woodwrights Shop
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
guys google this one up n watch the videos for some old time wood working lessons n just plain fun, used to watch this show on PBS back in the 70s n just found it online. Nothing but hand tools used in the old ways. really a fun and informative site if ya like to work with your hands

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
It's still on every Saturday in these ol' hills. I really like it, too. I don't think that feller is ever going to age!

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of SCLoyalist
posted Hide Post
The episode for a shop grease box looks like it would have application for a box to hold flints or extra jags, etc. Had a clever double sliding dovetailed lid (but let me qualify that by noting that anything in woodworking more sophisticated than a nail strikes me as clever).

http://www.pbs.org/woodwrights...video/2900/2901.html

Here's a health to the King and a lasting Peace. May Faction end and Wealth increase....Old Loyalist Ballad

Posts: 767 | Location: Panhandle Florida | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen that show for so time.
Alway like watching it.

Posts: 154 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: 08 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Birdman,
I love that show! Too many times I discovered it was on about the time it was over. Can't get it in Mexico. I'll try google when I get back there.
Hombre del Bosque

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I remember one where he made a cedar self bow. And another where he made a canvas kayak. I seem to remember something about a long rifle, as well, but the light is fading on that one to remember if I recollect it without any uncertainty . . .

Fuzzyminded'sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
now Sticks I'm gonna have to see if I can find that episode on the kayak, sounds like it ought to be a fun one to watch YMHS n Birthday Boy Birdm;-0

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post