New
Find
Notify
Tools

Abe's Irishman
 Login/Join

Factor
posted
An Irishman had a struggle with a pair of new boots, saying, "I shall niver git 'em on till I wear 'em a day or two and stretch 'em a little."--Abe Lincoln, 1848

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Aww, 'Schticks, here I thought you were starting a new corn pone tale!
Chico

PS. Still haven't figured out how to get more mileage out of the Chico and Paco doin's, ji ji.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Haw! Haw! Haw! Couldn't have trapped a more likely ol' he-coon!

Thighslappin'sticks

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
he got me too, LOL Leon yer tall you hit em high n I'll hit em low, we'll show that ol Ozark ridge runner jest how Penns Woods boys play ROTFL

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Now that's what I call clunkin' two heads together at once! Woohoo! Haw! Haw!

Fiddlesticks

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Aye, lads, 'n' tha good Lord allowed whiskey to be invented so's the Irish wouldn't rule the world!

xfoxeatin'hornets'n'grinnin'

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Crossfox,
Some of the chilis I eat down here fell like I ate a couple of hornets.
Hombre del Bosque

Oh, BTW, Paco likes chilis too. He's anxious to get back to ole México.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
that mules just plain simple, becareful drinking the water LOL

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
¡Oooooo! ¡Don't you let Paco hear you call him a mule! He knows he is a burro. He does not want to be called a half breed. ooops, he's started to bray.
Hombre del Bosque

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
posted Hide Post
Always knew I was lethargic. Found myself in one of Abe's stories. Said a minister was known to write sermons which folks ajudged as too long. When asked why, he said, "Well, I get started writin' and I reckon I'm just too lazy to quit."

Yawnin'sticks

Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Mark Twain once apologized for writing such a long letter by saying he didn't have time to write a short one. Same principle.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I get'cha Dick. Finding a quick ending to something can be very difficult. Takes too much thinking for a lazy man.

Lots more to be said about this, but . . . sigh . . . I reckon with much effort I'll jest hush.

Onandon'sticks

Booshway
posted Hide Post
i'm not goin ta say we irish are frugal or nottin,but i just heard my great-grandad was so frugal,when he wore the teeth down on his crosscut saw,he would grind it even and file new teeth in it

Posts: 334 | Location: s central pa just about nowhere | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post