MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    THE NEW ISSUE OF MUZZLELOADER CAME
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THE NEW ISSUE OF MUZZLELOADER CAME
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Tin-Type
posted
To All,

The new issue of Muzzleloader came yesterday, Monday the 25th of June. Wow, what an issue. I was up until way past midnight reading it. Still some more to read. It is a real keeper....

'Til yer nightmares become saddled horses'
"Tin-Type"

Posts: 615 | Location: North Seattle, Salish Sea Area | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Newoodsrunner
posted Hide Post
tin type got mine today been reading it By the way why am i on this stupid computer i have better things to do like getting back to my Muzzleloader mag by for now haha

Posts: 461 | Location: SW Okla | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Over the years, some of the historical articls have gotten a bit dry and just didn't pick my interst but the Voyages of Exploration articles have really jumped to the forefront. I love them. Back a few issues, they ran a couple obout John Smith and I liked those too. They went where the text books mever went. I expecially like the explaination of why he was able to cope with the natives and so on. It all went back to his earleier training and time spent elsewere. This is the stuff other books leave out.

One thing I will say for the historical authors is they do their research. That takes so much time so I take my hat off to them on that account.

I haven't had a chance to read this last issue yet. Confused

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
As usual, a fine magazine.
I greatly appreciate the attention to historical detail that's observable now as compared to some articles from, say, 20 years ago. They were doing the best they could then, but resources are much more readily accessible today, and the writers seem more interested in actually rebutting previous mythology.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of AK Mike
posted Hide Post
Now I'll have tp pace wondering if mine got lost or not. Being in Alaska I never get mine first. Now to check the Muzzleloader page to at least see the cover!!

Posts: 66 | Location: Big Lake, Alaska | Registered: 26 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
We got ours today and will start devouring it tomorrow. We find the historical articles very enlightening and admire the writers for not toeing the "politically correct" line. Our favorites, though, are the articles about guns and hunting.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived by postrider this very day. Will set back and read some tonight.

Heck no, you'er the sort that gives that sort a bad name.
Trapper 54cal

Posts: 605 | Location: Los Alamos, New Mexico | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
A great issue, especially the Nesbitt article.

Rich

Posts: 363 | Registered: 25 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Sharpshooter, Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. We had a lot of fun gathering the data and shooting those little guns. Shoot sharp's the word, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of AK Mike
posted Hide Post
Still waiting. Sure could use it today to take my mind off the news.

Posts: 66 | Location: Big Lake, Alaska | Registered: 26 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
AK Mike, Be patient Mike. It takes longer for the dog team to get out to your place. It also takes longer for Alaska Air to get it to the dog team. With Alaska Air, the fish fly first class, the people in the rummbe seats, and anything left over is thrown in where ever it fits. More than likely most of Alaska has read it before it gets to you. The postman, the Samsonite gorilla that should have put it on the first plane rather than the 5th so he had time to read it, and then the fellow mushing the dog team.

Did I leave out the bush plane that hauls your magazine from the airpost in Anchorage to the dog team? Those being smaller planes have limited capacity so your magazine doesn't go on the first flight. It probably spends a day or two in the bathroom so the pilot can enjoy it between his flights.

patients:

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of AK Mike
posted Hide Post
TaaaaDaaaa,...It's finally here. The Post Office was kind of rough on it though.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Were there any dog prints on it?

Load fast and aim slow.