MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Tall Tales    Favorite "mountain man" novel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite "mountain man" novel
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted
So what's your favorite novel....
1. Life in the Far West...George Ruxton
2. The Big Sky....A.B. Guthrie J.R.
3. The Long Rifle....Stewart Edward White
4. Wolf Song...Harvey Fergusson
5. Edward Warren...Sir William Drummond Stewart
These are my top five...how 'bout yours?
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I haven't read a lot of fiction geared this way. I guess my favorite would be ,"Hanta YO." I know from asking lot of the lads here weren't much taken with the book. Mostly I've read nonfiction from American History.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
The Big Sky.
It's been years since I last read it. Maybe its time I read it again.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of GreyWolf
posted Hide Post
There are many included those listed, but my favorites is the Titus Bass Series by the late Terry Johnston...
here's the list
http://www.goodreads.com/series/68453-titus-bass

aka Chuck Burrows

Posts: 616 | Location: Southern Rockies | Registered: 03 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Newoodsrunner
posted Hide Post
Chuck i agree with you the first time i read his book for the first time i read it in one night couldn't put it down BTW we have someting in common my first name is Charles and my native name is Gray Wolf givin to me by a Blackfoot Chief Blue Eagle who recently passed away

Posts: 461 | Location: SW Okla | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of andy*
posted Hide Post
For those who maybe interested.....I have Carry the Wind....Borderlords...and One-eyed Dream..up for trade.
The first two are autographed and inscribed by Johnson....all three are hardbacks.
P.M. if interested...
Andy

Follow me I am the Infantry

Posts: 668 | Location: Everson, Washington | Registered: 27 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
I've read most of the Titus Bass books, great reads. Years ago I enjoyed "Give your heart to the Hawks"

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post