Find
Notify
Tools

Summer Adventure
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted
Hey fellers, it's been a while. The wife and I are living up near Stanley Idaho for the summer and to say the least the outside world of internet is at a bare minimum.
I'm working as a guide for a horse outfitter this summer and am learnin' a ton. Of course the outdoor recreation here is almost unlimited. We haven't made any primitive camps yet but it's in the plans. Mostly keeping pretty busy with work.
Figured I'd share a few pics of our summer.
Watch yer top knot and see you down the trail.

[IMG] photo IMG_6472.jpg[/IMG]

photo IMG_6473.jpg
Out enjoying a ride.

[IMG] photo IMG_6507.jpg[/IMG]
The wife and dog enjoying camp.

[IMG] photo IMG_6534.jpg[/IMG]
This is where I'm working.

[IMG] photo IMG_6527.jpg[/IMG]
A happy gold prospector.

[IMG] photo IMG_6590.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] photo IMG_6592.jpg[/IMG]
See ya down the trail.

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
That looks like more fun than oughta' be legal

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Man what a life. I was a fishing and raft guide here, and we hung with hunting guides and wranglers as well. It really is a hoot. Here's a couple for the guests... what do you call a guide with no girlfriend ? Homeless. What is the best thing about dating a guide? You can drop em off anywhere. And remind them, they can tip over but they can't over tip.

Posts: 51 | Location: kalispell montana | Registered: 23 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Wow! God's Country.
I've never been up in the Northwest. Its the only part of the country where I've never been.

I was a whitewater raft guide for 12 seasons. Great fun!

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Any luck with the gold pan?

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Mountaineer,
You sure do know how to make a feller envious.

"Any day you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good day"

Posts: 428 | Location: Northwestern California | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Truly awesome country and photos. Thank you for sharing the pictures. Sure gives me the hankering to get out and see some backcountry!

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Look like a great trip! Thanks for sharing!

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Posts: 212 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
What kinda dog you say that was?Doesn't have the look of a heeler.

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Breathtaking and beautiful beyond any description.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it's a Catahoula?

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what the dog is. It was a stray some cowboy picked up on the road and gave to me. I'm planning on making her into a pack dog. I sure like heck ain't packin' her food!!!

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Ya,at least mostly Catahoula I reckon.Can be good dogs,but strong willed.You're right about makin' her a pack dog,get 'em workin young,they love it.So,I seen yer workin place,that looks fairly rough.Do you actually have a place indoors to live?Cause if you don't,eventually you're gonna realize that woman is organizing things for where to put them AFTER you build the house.Nothin' against her,that's just how women think.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Yea we have a trailer, it's been our home since we got married last year. You are right, she's got plans for a house and I'll gladly give it to her. That woman has put up with a lot of craziness of mine, she certainly deserves more than I will be able to give her but I'll do my best.

[IMG] photo IMG_6629.jpg[/IMG]
Here's the wife on a ride we took together Sunday. What a woman!!!

[IMG] photo IMG_6628.jpg[/IMG]
Checking out some country.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
I really like that last picture, just stunning!

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Find the right woman,and you'll live the life you could never have imagined.....I know......An' she has The Look....Don't ever let her go,son....never.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
awesome photos. sounds like a good job. I don't get how people work everyday all year inside an office with no wander or "vacation" time. I was just out in ID- Ketchum a few months ago, climbed to snow line on a mountain in the Sawtooth NF

Wild as the wind

Posts: 404 | Location: Hittin the road | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go... "Gary

" You do with your scalp as you wish and don't be telling us what to with ours."

Posts: 158 | Location: lake champlain, vt | Registered: 03 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post