New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's That Time Of The Year!
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Fer that tasty, fruity and sweet baked concoction known as FRUITCAKE!!!!! Yes sir, you betcha, hot dang 'n' yayhoo!

I had some the other day 'n' immediately called the only other person in tha whole world thet eats fruitcake, Ol'Fiddlesticks! He was suprised thet I got a head start on him this year! He 'collected thet he was agonna have to get some real soon.

So, here's tha deal; all you fellas thet get fruitcake each year fer Christmas 'n' don't quite know jest what ta do with it since ya don't enjoy eatin' it: Jest send it all to 'Sticks 'n' Me! We'll take good care of it fer shor!

Keep an eye to the ridgeline......'n' yor fruitcake handy!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Cross Fox my friend you need help Eeker

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Lol if I get any will give you a call.....Smiler

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Crossfox Roll Eyes On second thought...I think my auntie made me a couple a few years,I think I'am still using them as door-stops,,let me look,I'll get back to you Big Grin

Factor
posted Hide Post
Sigh . . . 'Fox, these fellers just don't have the taste of you an' me. Hafta be in a certain class of perplexion to glomb onto the delights of such delectibles. And tastes buds hafta be as pure as Adam's was before the fall . . .

Such perfection makes it's kinda lonesome out here . . .

Fruitcake'sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Deercop
posted Hide Post
My wife orders one out of Corsicana Texas each year, and adds a cup of rum to it.
Yeah..I'll eat it! Cool

Posts: 649 | Location: Clovis, New Mexico | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hey fellas, I eat it too! Been eating it since Thanksgiving.
Right now, though, my wife is in the Christmas cookie baking mode.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
My bride,bless her heart,despises fruitcake,don't know why but in the 39 yrs we have been together,she always fears some-one is going to gift her with one. I loved it when I was a single man,,,don't tell her though Roll Eyes

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Xfox, if I happen to get one it'll be on the way to you at the soonest opportunity.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
There is a theory that there is only one fruitcake in this world. It gets passed from one person to the next without anyone taking a bite!

shoot first ask questions later

Posts: 220 | Location: Lyman, WY....just 6 miles from Ft. Bridger! | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Seep' I'll testify that ol' 'Fox eats every on that finds it's way into Alaska! That rumor is false! Haw!

Heehawin'sticks

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
With a complete nations production of fruitcake coming to your house fiddlesticks, you can bank on company. I love the stuff and never get enough since my wife only buys a small cake.

Now I know where fruitcake heaven is, I do believe I'd just better go there.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
You're a good man, my friend. Heh heh . . .

Fiddlesticks

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Walna, 'Sticks,

I tweren't counting on all of these 'ere closet fruitcake eaters ta come out 'n' confess to their munching of thet delightful concoction. Seems we've in good company though, 'n' some are willin' ta share.

Now ifen I can jest gettem ta send me all of the MINCEMEAT PIES thet go uneaten at their tables too, I'd be in real Holiday Spirits!

Keep an eye to the ridgeline......'n' a fork 'n' napkin handy!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
We'll have to watch ol' White Finger. He's betwixt you and me, depending on which way the cakes'n'pies are headin'. Glad he didn't know about that shipment I sent your way a y'ar or two ago.

Hope Wolf Woman has forguv' me by now . . .

Fiddlesticks

Factor
posted Hide Post
Got my fruitcake Christmas morn! Woohooooooo!!!!

Stuffin'itdown'sticks

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hey 'Sticks!

I got a 3.5 pounder! Between thet 'n' dinner I jest mighten have ta let out my britches abit fer a spell!

Excuse me whilst I take 'nuther bite of cake!

Regards, xfox

Booshway
posted Hide Post
HAW...Hay xfox en Sticks....Jus sitiin here asukin an pickin me tooths after havin a piece of a dark cake,...an stumbled onta this post !!
Gud ta know thar are still sum fellas with gud taste !! Quite a few years ago an ol frienda mine wuld give me a cake at Christmas tyme made by a compney namea Benson. Feller passd way an couldt find hyde er hair of a Beson cake 'til 'bout 3 years ago. Now I sock-up wen they show up fer th season;....Them cakes sur ar guud !!!

Pickin en Grinnin Rupe

Posts: 467 | Location: NW Pennsylvania | Registered: 20 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Crossfox Roll Eyes I was concerned about you An Fiddlesticks getting wormy on Fruitcake,now I am downright terrified Eeker MINCEMENT PIE?????

Factor
posted Hide Post
'Mike! Grrrrrr . . . we'll git you fer thet . . .

Actually, fruitcake kills worms. Nuther good reason fer eatin' 'em---haw! Now who's wormy?

Heehawin'sticks

P.S. I ain't as high on mincemeat as ol' Splooshfox, but I wouldn't mind havin' one.

Rupe, I allus knowed you'us the right kind of feller.