Notify
Tools

finishing
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
T,
Thanks! And it is fantastic to us. Another pic. We have four fan/lights. When we turned on the electric Thursday evening only the fans worked on two of them. The other two did not work at all. I did not know how much work I was in for. So I took one apart today and consulted with the instructions. I found the mistakes my amateur installer made and fixed them. They all work perfectly now. Praise the Lord!
Also the batteries, I am told, are lithium ion, and they need to go thru several charge/discharge cycles to get up to full capacity. They were installed late on Thursday so we were told not to start the fridge until Friday afternoon. It got cloudy right away after the sun came up, so they only reach 74 percent. We ran the fridge overnight last night and this morning they were down to 23 percent. So I unplugged the fridge. Today was cloudy and and rainy so they only got back up to 53 percent. So I ran the generator to cool the fridge before dark. So right now we are only running a couple of LED's and our laptops and the internet. Probably about 35 watts of continuous use. So the batteries should be a lot higher tomorrow morning than this morning. WE ARE QUITE READY FOR THE SUN TO SHINE. The moon is out right now, so maybe tomorrow... Once the batteries are thru several cycles they will weather cloudiness much more strongly. We are supposed to have a 48 hour capacity at full use once the batteries are at full capacity.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
What a neat home, and a long time coming! I hope you are beginning to enjoy it.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Dick,
We are. We will even more once we get the batteries up to full power.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Much has happened since my last post. It has taken the solar company until today to get the whole system working together. They would like to correct just one small problem tomorrow or Friday, so the charger/regulator coordinates completely with the inverter.
But tonight is the first night that we have full power and SHOULD not have any problems.
We want to praise the LORD that this is now a reality.
I think this brings to an end this thread. It has been a joy to share with you all the oddysey of building our house and getting moved in. Thanks for coming along.
when we get the guest rooms finished we will start inviting people to come visit and enjoy the place with us.
We also want to invite pastors and their wives and children to vacation here. There are many who often don't know how they will continue to eat and stay under roof. And they never get away from the grind. We would like to share with them the home that God has chosen to let us build.
León

pistuo deo lalo