New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poredevil's Beaver Tales
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
Has anyone else read this collection of mountain man tall tales by Edward Louis Henry (aka Poredevil)? I'm about halfway through and really enjoying them.

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Posts: 212 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
fraid I ain't heard of him Frowner

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
He is a great author but unfortunately most people have not heard of him. He wrote a great series of books following the life of a young man as he ventures out west and becomes a mountain man from 1822 to 1837. The books are 1) Backbone of the World, 2)Free Men, 3)Shinin' Times! and 4)Glory Days Gone Under. He writes accurate and entertaining historical accounts around his fictional main character. I would list him right behind Terry C Johnston as one of my favorite fur trade era authors.

Posts: 212 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Thanks pab1 Wink I will see if my library here can find him Big Grin

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Looks like I will have to search these out....have a place on my shelf, right next to " Titus Bass"....Gary

" You do with your scalp as you wish and don't be telling us what to with ours."

Posts: 158 | Location: lake champlain, vt | Registered: 03 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
If you buy them in paperback they are a little pricey compared to most paperbacks. They are big book at 6"X9" though. To me, when I consider the hours of entertainment I get from each book the price is reasonable.

Booshway
Picture of woodman
posted Hide Post
Great books and well worth the price.

Posts: 357 | Location: Colorado Territories | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post