Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted
http://img.photobucket.com/alb...7b4.jpg?t=1367495239
Our son took us and the three grandsons to a county park today in St. Louis, MO
León
http://img.photobucket.com/alb...k003_zpsa26b77b4.jpg

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
http://img.photobucket.com/alb...k007_zps48447437.jpg
This guy was sitting facing away from me. Apparantly and owl can turn his head around 180.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
http://img.photobucket.com/alb...k009_zpsa2c83344.jpg
Gives me just a little of an erie feeling, but we need there kind out there cleaning up things.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Free Trapper
Picture of Talltree
posted Hide Post
You know Leon, when I was younger I really didn't think much seeing captured animals in zoo's etc. Just enjoyed, along with the rest, the animals and the exhibits. I really didn't understand the meaning of life at that time but now I look at the captured animal with sorrw. They have no freedom, but I do. Now I understand what my grandmother would tell me, that mankind is now looking out of a window at life and not seeing everything around them. Its sad that man dosn't look around and appreciate what is seen.

Talltree

Keep your tail high and dry!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Talltree,

Posts: 173 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Talltree,
Very deep, very zen.

"Any day you wake up on the right side of the dirt is a good day"

Posts: 428 | Location: Northwestern California | Registered: 05 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
You can't let the moments pass by without being aware what is in them. You certainly don't get them back.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'll admit to being a little confused for a few days here. But I had an epiphany today. While I had just a touch of sadness at seeing the birds shackled so that I might look at them closely, at least I did get to look at them closely. For youngsters from the cities it may be the only chance to see them at all.
The elk, buffalo and white tailed deer that were there had such a large area to roam that I do not consider them captive at all. They merely had a safe place to live, eat and mate.
My wife and I are at our younger daughter's house this week and she and her husband have two very big Swiss dogs. I watched them this afternoon lie down at the front door to await their master's coming home from work. That was when I realized I had an answer to the very legitimate objections to captivity.
We are all somewhat captive in life. No creature lives in complete freedom from restraint. We all serve a purpose one way or another. These birds and animals were serving a purpose that ultimately may help ensure their survival as a species.
I hope you all will be gentle with me in my humble opinion. I am open to the opinion of others as well.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Free Trapper
Picture of Talltree
posted Hide Post
Volatpluvia,
I am truly sorry if I had insulted you and your experience with your family at the park. I was just making a statement of how I felt, this is due to my upbringing/way of life. I did not intend to bring up controversy regarding the captive animals. My point was that the Creator put us all upon his creation, we just need to look around and enjoy.

Talltree

Keep your tail high and dry!

Posts: 173 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Talltree,
I was not offended. Just needed to share my thoughts. I hope that I have not offended either.
I agree that it would be wonderful if we did not need to have any zoos or parks with captive animals, birds and reptiles. But, sadly, it is the only way in which many will ever see them. And we will not turn the tide back against hunting if they do not see the actual creatures.
Being in the wild and seeing the free creatures play and hunt gives me pleasure nearly as great as anything else. You are right that it is God' great creation.
León

pistuo deo lalo