Find
Notify
Tools

Strange
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted
I woke up this morning around 5 and picked up my reading glasses and my book and headed downstairs to the other bathroom. When I arrived downstairs I went to put on the glasses. I felt the plastic earpiece grab in my hair and felt that the left temple was hanging way out to the side. I turned on a light and discovered that the right temple's ear piece had been broken off and a little metal was sticking out. The hinge on the left was indeed broken and came apart.
Now I was using these to read my book in bed just before I turned out my light the light last night and folded them and laid them on nightstand. They were in perfect shape. Strange. The idea has bothered me all day. I just can't determine what happened.
I am not in the habit of slamming my fists around at night. Ms. Audrey has never complained of such activity or I WOULD have heard about it.
I am wondering if pascuale has come back..
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Mine did the same thing,,the spring in the bow kept tention on the hinge,,and the swet from wearing them erroded the glue/solder and they just parted from temsion of the spring.My optomologest said when you take them off fold the bows in to help perevent this happening.

Field fix: Clean the little post that is sticking out and the hole as best as you can an then SuperGlue or 5 Min epoxy,,Dont let it get on the hinge!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Thanks, WC,
That description is exactly right, spring tensioned temples. Sorry, but I already discarded the glasses. They were just reading glasses and the lenses were scratched and worn. And I always folded them while not using them. They are maybe a decade old.
But that still doesn't explain the broken plastic on the back end of the ear piece...
León

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Do you have any pets that could have gotten up there and bite them? I had our little dog get on my desk and chew the nose piece of mine after handling them while eating. Must have got something good smelling on them. Had to superglue them back together.

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone."

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
Rancocas,
Exactly. That is where I thought I was that morning.
León

pistuo deo lalo

Factor
posted Hide Post
And don't ever threaten Ol' Pinky again . . .

Tickledpink'Sticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post