muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc
Matchs

This topic can be found at:
https://muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/712109401/m/2674063048

04 January 2016, 04:45 PM
Birdman61
Matchs
Anybody know where you can buy strike anywhere match's. The ol white tipped stick match's ya didn't need the box to ignite on. Been looking everyplace n nothing. A buddy said try Amazon but not real comfortable with that. Looking for several boxs. Thanks Birdman
04 January 2016, 06:19 PM
MountainRanger
I got some waterproof, strike anywhere matches from eBay a few years ago. I think I recall seeing them in the Gander Mountain store in Roanoke. Also check a Tractor Supply if there is one in your area. Also check (online) at Campmor. In any site, enter 'waterproof, strike anywhere matches. I really think I remember seeing them at either Kroger or Food Lion. These would be the old fashioned strike anywhere ones, not waterproof. You can make them so by dipping them in melted candle wax If you have any hiking/camping stores in your area check there too.

Sua Sponte
05 January 2016, 09:56 AM
Birdman61
Mountain Ranger , thanks for the info. I've seen tons of strike anywhere or at least labeled as such but none work unless ya use the Emory on the box. None seem to have the wilkypete white top, or at least not enough to work a ke they did in the past. I'll keep looking n try your ideas thanks again
05 January 2016, 10:43 AM
MountainRanger
this is from eBay:
10 BOX DIAMOND STRIKE ANYWHERE MATCHES 32 COUNT 320 of CIGAR SHTF camping bugout

$5.91

I searched for 'white tip strike anywhere matches'

this is one of several options of quantity, etc.

Marie and I are headed to Kroger today (Tuesday is old fart discount day) and I'll check to see if they still carry them.

Sua Sponte