New
Find
Notify
Tools

Funny Story
 Login/Join

Hivernant
posted
Got a funny story that happened to me and I thought everyone might get a kick out of it. I don't know how many of you read the "Backwoodsman" magazine but I always pick one up when I see it on the rack at the store. My wife and I were in Amarillo for doctors appointments and I wanted to go by Barnes and Noble and get one. I couldn't find the magazine in the sea of magazines they had so I asked the little girl working the counter for help. When she asked me what the title was, for some reason I said the "Backdoorsman"! I didn't catch what I had said and she just looked at me puzzled and walked me over to what seemed like a gay and lesbian section. Now I was puzzled and I said that it wouldn't be in this section. After she repeated the title that I had told her, I realized what I had done and just had to leave red faced as quick as I could. My wife is still calling me the backdoorsman while laughing uncontrollably.

Jon

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
LOL. Good one.

Last year my wife and I were in a restaurant. When it came time to check out, the girl at the cash register looked at my ticket and asked if there were any other singers on the bill.

Perplexed, I simply said; "Huh?"

She repeated; "Are there any other singers besides yourself on this bill?"

I told her; "I don't sing."

Then, the next man in line spoke up loudly; "She said "seniors."

Ohhh. She was asking if we both wanted the senior discount.
Big naval guns off the coast of Vietnam, coupled with 60 years of small arms shooting has done damage to my hearing.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Life is so full of things we do and then laugh about them. "C'est la vie".

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Heh,for me it was a combo of loud machinery,with Led Zeppelin thrown in as spice.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
My poor wife. I hear loudly enough. But I have hard time distinguishing between B, P; C, S, T, Z. If you think it maakes english hard to understand, think about me listening to español. She gets really frustrated. Then when you add my ADD into thr mix...

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol,yup....

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Walking Bear 1954
posted Hide Post
I am 80% deaf without my hearing aids and trust me I get embarrassed all the time

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed sheep that can contest the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 33 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 14 December 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of Talltree
posted Hide Post
Oysio
Bear Claw,
I to have a funny story about the impaired hearing. My father was hearing impaired also, he lost a majority of his hearing in his mid-20s. When I was in my mid teens, 15 or 16, my mother came to my father complaining about something and my father kept telling her he was having a hard time hearing what she was saying. This continued for A few moments when finally my mother became up set with him and then turned and walked away. The funny part of this story is my father looked at me and winked. My father then stated to me, always choose your battles!

Wado
Talltree

Keep your tail high and dry!

Posts: 173 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I constantly run into weird situations much like Talltree. I stutter and when I get frustrated or excited and hurried (especially), I will sometimes lock down and simply can't get any word out. My squeeze said I've improved(?) over the years; but I don't know. She's very patient with me and when I lock down she calms me and lets me get it out at my own speed.

But out in the world I have incidences similar to Talltree's and can't understand why the confusion. Aaaarrgh....

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
There is a word for when you mix up your words. It is not dyslectic, but something similar, I think.

Years ago my mother-in-law was at a town meeting. She wanted to speak but when her time came, instead of saying; I would like to address the Board of Chosen Freeholders, she actually stood in front of the crowd and said; "I would like to address the Board of Frozen Cheeseholders."

It still cracks me up to this day.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
heh,heh,oh yeah,I don't stutter except when I'm under stress,then,BOY HOWDY it's hard to get out what I want to say.My son has Aspergers syndrome and can't deal with stressful situations.For me,crowds make me feel like I'm being beaten with feathers.For both of us,my Wife can help ,I don't know what it is,but it feels like she "grounds" me.She's good with the son too.All in all,Hanshi,I think we got "keepers".