New
Find
Notify
Tools

humming birds at last
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
well they finally showed up, two weeks or better late but at last they are here, have had two males at the feeder and one female so far, hope to see a juvinile here shortly, when they show up it sort of seals that winter is over for me n spring really is here to stay, Love watching them buzz around, also got a bunch of Gold finchs all dressed in bright yelloe on the thistle feeder, been awhile since I've seen them too, bluebirds are nesting in two boxs n have a Chicadee right off the deck in a tall skinny box. we gots feathered friends all over hehehe
sure glad to see em all n have them nest n use the boxs

Posts: 964 | Location: south eastern Pa | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
They must be the ones that passed through here about two weeks ago.
First a male showed up at our feeder. He was around all day and then disappeared. Several days later a female came to our feeder. She stayed in this area for two days, but then she, too, moved on. Migrants.
We haven't seen another one since then.

A couple of days ago we watched a mockingbird harassing a crow. The crow was sitting on the telephone wire and the mockingbird was divebombing it. The crow would squawk each time the smaller bird dove at it. Finally the crow flew away, but the mockingbird stayed on its tail all the way out of my sight.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post