New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muzzleloader Magazine
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
I haven't posted here in quite a while. I still look in often. It just doesn't seem the same though without Fiddlesticks' wit and some of the other regulars that have passed on. I haven't noticed any posts by Leon, volatpulvia, on a while, I hope he is doing well.
I do have a question for you all. Have any of you received the May/June issue of Muzzleloader Mag? I haven't received mine and was wondering if they were shut down for the virus or if mine was lost in the mail. I didn't want to bug them if they were busy trying to get them out, so I thought I would check here.
Thanks, Mark

Posts: 79 | Location: Yellville,Ar | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hi Ya! Dutchman, good to see you back here. I've been lurkin' here off and on too. And yes, I received ML about a week ago here in Montana. I'd give Jason a call if you don't receive yours by the end of this week.

I've been hoping that some of the fellas had used this offtime to work on some projects and then would post about the results. No takers so far!

Myself, I've taken a break now and then to throw a 'hawk, reshape an old knife to better fit my gear, and get my Santa Fe saddle ready for riding the trails here. Had a 12 day back country horse trip planned with some other BP shooters but that has been placed on hold for awhile now.

Yep, I miss "Sticks a lot too. We used to call each other ever so often and shoot the breeze. Most times we would end the calls with our cheek muscles hurtin' from all of the laughter we shared. Haven't heard from Volie in quite a spell either.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hey y'all, I don't say much, preferring to listen to folks I can learn from. I also have received my ML this month, haven't read it yet, but it's sitting on the coffee table....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I also have gotten mine. Have read most of it. Great mag. I just renewed for two more years. Mark

Posts: 162 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies fellas. I guess I will need to call them.

Posts: 79 | Location: Yellville,Ar | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Hey Crossfox, good to hear from you. Ol Sticks use to talk fondly of your phone visits. He told me and my wife, after church one Sunday evening, how he had started what he and Mrs. Sticks thought was going to be a really good story on the campfire. He said that after the first or second installment you posted an ending and killed the story. He couldn't stop laughing telling us about it, but Mrs. Sticks said that she could of killed you as it was going to be such a good story.
Again, good to hear from you and glad you are doing well, Mark

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hi Ya, Dutchman! I remember that story well! At the time I didn't know that 'Sticks had a continuation of the story in mind and the way he had written it just begged for the story line that I came up with. But, I did leave an "out" for 'Sticks to continue the story by having the young boy carried off by the Indians that attacked the Homestead.

Howsomever, 'Stick's didn't pick up where I left it, and boyhowdy, did I catch double L-E-# from Mrs 'Sticks for what I did to it!

I remember calling 'Sticks sometime later to discuss a story I was writing for the Campfire and as we were laughing about some of it, I could hear Mrs 'Sticks in the background yelling "Kill'em off......Kill ALL of'em off!!"

Yep, I sure do miss talking to them both.

Got a story in the works for the Campfire that I hope to start posting soon. It is based on the Virginia-Pennsylvania Frontier of 1775-1777 involving intrigue at a frontier roadhouse. The name of the story is "The Barrows Squeal".

I've been negligent in adding to "A Long Winters Ride", but I see that it continues to be read quite often as the number of views is over 40k now......which amazes me!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Hey, everyone. I also don't check in a lot but I do check in at least every week or two. I seldom notice the date on my Muzzleloader Mag but think I have the latest sitting in my mag rack.

Stay safe, guys.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I still haven't received my issue. I e-mailed the magazine customer service dept. and was told if I don't receive it by the end of the month to contact them again. Sounds kinda squirrely to me. I have several other friends that have not received their copies yet either.

Posts: 20 | Location: SE CT | Registered: 27 March 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Xfox, print it, I'll read it!

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
THE virus has the post office backed up ,,Patients Grasshopper,

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Howdy Ya'll. I still check in now and then, too.
I received the current issue of Muzzleloader over a week ago.
Here in TN we're winding up spring turkey season. I got out after 'em three times. I had a nice conversation with an old tom, but he just wouldn't come within range of my fusil.
Then, I had to go in the hospital. Had my throat cut! Thyroidectomy. Been loafing here at home now over a week. I'm getting mighty anxious to do some fishing now.
I miss Fiddlesticks' tales, too.
And, Leon; where are you?

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I check in every so often here and must just say I really miss all you folks a bunch! Been at home with the Mrs. without much outside connections for the last several months.

The winter here seemed to last forever but seeing things start to green up lately has rekindled a lost spark in me. The world has sure taken a very strange turn that has never happened before, at least in any living persons lifetime and I may just yet reach HERMIT status if I'm not there already! Anyhooo, you all stay safe and healthy!

P.S. If I don't quickly learn to stay the heck out of the ice box, I'm gonna have to make my doorways wider and my tailor richer!! Smiler

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post