New
Find
Notify
Tools

Its Spring!
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Folks, I have been busy pruning fruit trees and muscadines. As usual, I am behind with everything here budding out and snowing pollen. My blue truck is yellow.

I know some of you are still wading through snow and ice. Here it is reaching the upper 70's and spring is busting out. However, we always get a cold spell between now and Easter. Last year we had a terrible late freeze (22* F) that destroyed my fruit and nut orchard production.

I am hoping the late cold blast will not be as sever this year.

Already tasting the muscadines,
DanL

God bless America and Alba Gu Brath!

Posts: 569 | Location: God's farm in Alabama | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
About two weeks ago I had to drive up to New Jersey. Don't ask!
Coming back south last week as we traveled I-81 through Virginia I noticed it was getting more and more spring-like the further south we came.
Home now in Tenasi; daffodils, forsythia, Bradford pears, and redbuds are all in full bloom.
Beautiful weather here for a few days, afternoon high temperatures of about 70*F. Later this week, though, the temperature is predicted to drop back down into the 50's again. Hopefully that should only last a few days.
I tilled up my garden but I don't plan to plant until at least the first of April. Even that will be taking a chance, but I'm counting on "global warming" to get an early start.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
While up here in Maine we still are getting snow.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Heh, my Pyrenees cross LGD is luxuriating in the middle of a snow drift in my front yard.... Big Grin

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
It snowed again up here two days ago. Spring? HA! Snow didn't start until almost December but it sure kept going with no sign of stopping.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Into April now. The redbuds are about done blooming. The Bradford Pears certainly are. They are getting green with new leaf now. Daffodils are done. Tulips and azaleas are blooming now. Dogwoods are beginning to bloom.

Darn weather won't cooperate for garden planting. Rain, rain, and more rain. To say nothing of the wind.
Tornadoes all around - terrible. At least we have been spared from that horror; for now. We did lose a tent canopy that we had over the hot tub for the winter. The wind twisted and tore it up.

I'm ready to plant garden vegetables but the garden is a swamp. We get a couple of days of good, dry weather and things are looking good; then it rains again.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Redbuds are in full bloom here in SE Ohio!

Posts: 70 | Registered: 07 January 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post