New
Find
Notify
Tools

First day of fall
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
Man it's one pretty day out there, bit of chill in the air, nice breeze ,yea I'm ready. Was a tough summer for me but that's a different story n my problem(health). The chill last night 50' was awesome sleeping weather, here's hoping fall takes its good ol time going by this year. Breaking out a hoody n lined vest makes me happy. ;-)

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I agree,I'm thoroughly finished with Summer.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Been good sleeping weather for a couple of weeks now up here on the plateau. Where we are is west of Roanoke way up high. We are generally as much as 10 degrees cooler than those down in the Roanoke area. I agree with Boartooth about summer. Time for it to begone. Oh wait... I have a shoot in October to go to and hopefully, it will still be warm enough to camp. I do not enjoy being wet, cold, tired, hungry and p*****off. I have had quite enough practice being miserable due to weather and now most of the time, roughing it is staying in a Marriott that doesn't have room service!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I know that the four seasons are given to us scientifically by the exact day and time here in this modern age. But I still go by the change being on the 21st day of the Sept. Calendar. So, I have been celebrating Autumn for two extra days!!

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post