Find
Notify
Tools

Axe killed bear
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted
Never underestimate the effectiveness of a good hatchet or hawk. This skull is of a very large black bear that was found some years back in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. It appears the bear was given a good blow to the skull with a hatchet or hawk about the size of the one in the picture. I'd sure like to know the whole story, wouldn't you?

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
OK, you have me. It was me. I was deer hunting and kinda sliding thru the woods and surprised this bear. He surprised me too!

shoot first ask questions later

Posts: 220 | Location: Lyman, WY....just 6 miles from Ft. Bridger! | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
No way of knowing if the blow was struck while the bear was alive or dead.

Posts: 1487 | Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Look around the area, if the blow was done while the bear was alive there should be some fouled fruit of the looms laying around some where. Eeker

Posts: 82 | Location: north georgia | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Thats mighty close. Yes,I would like to know the story. I like the hawk in the pic.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
That is extra cool.
There are lots of neat items to find and adventures to experience in the woods. Mostly small ones but once in a while something special. I would rate this one in the special category. BUT we have to enjoy them all big or small. That is what makes scouting in the woods so much fun.

If a right handed guy was facing a bear. That is about where the blow would land.

Seasoned woodsmen that depend on skill and knowledge to lead them to a successful hunt rather than the crutch of modern technology
http://americanlonghunter.com

Posts: 71 | Registered: 22 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post