New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Time Machine
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
I have heard of an ancient Chinese curse that goes something like this; "May you live in interesting times."

Well, if that is how it is, then we are all cursed!

What can I do? I climb into my time machine and speed back 100, 200, 300 years - whoops, a little too far. Come foreword 30 years to 1750.

I have my fusil, bag and horn. Game is plentiful. The French and Indian War has not yet begun and anyway I am in a southern colony, far removed from most of that strife. Life is good here.

With my time machine I can escape the curse at any time for a hour, or even a full day.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Rancocas you need to keep your fusil loaded and close at hand. At the rate the snowflakes are deleting our history, soon there will only be yesterday (AKA day before today) left and that will be rewriten by the left to suit their agenda.

doggoner

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 31 | Location: Perkinston, MS | Registered: 13 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
You are correct.
Big controversy here in town right now over a Confederate memorial. College kid from out of town says the memorial makes her "uncomfortable", so she started a petition to remove it.
It has only been in place for 110 years!
Both sides are lining up for the fight. A lot of harsh words are flying.
Forget the old fusil! IMO it is time for much more.

However, this is not appropriate for this site and I will not continue with it.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Don't let those creeps delete our history!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain and agree that we shouldn't turn this site into a shouting forum or political soap box. I just get angry that the young twits haven't read any history and are in for a very rude awakening when they are forced to repeat it. We in America have enjoyed the fact that the major world wars were fought on distant soils. Not so in the coming world war 3.

doggoner

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 31 | Location: Perkinston, MS | Registered: 13 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
"May you live in interesting times"; yes a very familiar comment. But someone told me it was Irish! I mean, the Irish are always messing with folks. Might be Klingon. Eeker

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Irish- Klingon, whats the dif. Lol.....We ARE living in "Interesting times"....Watch yer 6 guys.There's way too many jerks out there tryin' to get you to hate yer brothers just 'cause of their ability to tan......Or not.....It's the content of a mans character, not a physical characteristic,that determines whether he's your brother or not... Never forget this...

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for the snowflake fairies to want to change the name of our nations capitol, after all didn't he own slaves?

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
...And maybe change the name of the whole country! "America" was taken from the name of an Italian explorer; and he was probably mafia anyway. And then "Earth". That name likely has bad connotations from somewhere. They'll then be able to name the planet after another of the old pagan gods; something on the order of (Lovecraft's) "Cthulhu". that also beats cartoon names like Pluto.

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol, yup.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
well, happy fathers' day to y'all, anyway!
windy

Posts: 487 | Location: wetside o' washington | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by windy:
well, happy fathers' day to y'all, anyway!
windy

Thank you, Windy, from one ol' dad. Smiler

Factor
posted Hide Post
Thanks windy...