Find
Notify
Tools

Nice Day
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted
Well, here in SW Virginia it started out as a pretty decent day. Some cloudiness but pleasant and around 50 when we got up. Mrs MountainRanger and I decided to drive into Blacksburg and walk the Huckleberry Trail. That's an old railroad line that was dedicated to the rails to trails program. It goes around the Tech campus and into the Christiansburg area. Lots of nice folks walking, running, with kids and dogs. Just a nice outing. We got back to the car just as it began misting, and was raining pretty good by the time we got home. All in all, a nice morning to get out.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoyed a nice hike. We rode our horses day before yesterday for a couple of hours. It was 22f here last night, howsomever, it is nice & sunny this morning, so the plan is to ride this afternoon.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I was up in the mountains doing some work on the Benton-MacKaye Trail. That trail is about 300 miles long and is an alternative route at the southern end of the Appalachian Trail.

Anyway, it was a cool, drizzly day and up on the mountain top five of us worked in the clouds. We repaired about 300 Yards of trail that had been eroding. We were all quite wet and muddy by the time we finished.

Today, so far, we have had a steady rain. But at least the temperature has been up around 60-65*F

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Its been warm here the last couple of days, with lots of rain. Just saw the crocuses are starting to pop up and my bee balm is a nice patch just starting to show itself too. Of course, by Thursday, we're supposed to have some more cold temps and chance of show mixed with rain. Yup, still February.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
....still February and all month long, too.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Ya and an extra day added for leap year too! To quote Curly Howard of Three Stooges fame...."Snow, Snow, Beautiful Snow!" yuk yuk yuk

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Still raining here in East Tennessee.
I'm thinking of building an ark!

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I was down in Ga all spring. My mother had cancer and I stayed with her until she died later in May. It meant a lot to her having me there and I treasure the quality time i had with her.

But it wore me out both physically and emotionally. I'm still recuperating - we all were a very, very close family. I did miss out on several things I wanted to do/try but may feel like going to the range and shooting tomorrow for the first time in many months.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post