New
Find
Notify
Tools

F'ing Cold
 Login/Join

Factor
posted
OK, it's official, it was 0 degrees in my town this morning, so it's F'ING COLD !!

And don't chime in and tell me how where you live is "colder" UNLESS..., this is an odd temp for you too. So like folks in Wyoming, yeah it's supposed to be cold there...Alaska too. Not supposed to be like this in a Southern State as where I live!

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol, I don't care what any northerner tells you, there is only Cold, REALLY Cold, And F'ing Cold. Just accepting this saves a lot of whining. Zero degrees is nudging into the last category, in my opinion....I live in The High Desert and at anything below the high 20's I put on a good jacket, and gloves.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
we were down to -29, its been almost 30 years that is has been that cold here. Southeastern Wi. Markh (wind chill was -51.

Posts: 164 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hiya, LD! 'ere, have a chunk ov cheese with that w'ine!!

It's t-shirt 'n' cutoffs wx here in western MT, almost tolerable. Got down to 27f this morning and is 51f as I write.

Howsomever, it's the ice on the ground everwhere that's making it rough fer the horses. Their turnout is like a hockey rink in most places. Been spreading sand and wood chips around the water troughs to help with their footing.

Keep an eye on the ridgeline......'n' don't frost yer nose hairs!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Dave, just so you would appreciate the usual warmer temps you are used to, I thought it would be nice if you had something to compare it to! Big Grin

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that's very nice...

So now it's not F'ing Cold, it's F'ing Weird

Temp right now is 6°, with the high this Sunday to be 48° and the high on Tuesday to be 54°....

LD

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Heh, weird is a good description....Course, ya could just call it Spring.....

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Whine whine whine. Smiler Now LD you know MD is not a 'southern' state, even though we're techincally below the Mason Dixon. We always get a few snaps like this. Same here on the Shore, single digits a few of the last nights, river is solid ice all the way across, snow yesterday, supposed to be 60's by Tuesday. Just a normal winter, or at least closer to what a normal winter used to be. I don't even think twice about it until the Bay freezes across...

What kills me is the dang weathermen. Called for a few flurries yesterday. Buddy and I went to Lewisburg PA for the 18th Century Artisans show. Few flurries on the way up but whole way home steady snow, slush and mess on the roads, stopped and slow traffic, wrecks everywhere. Normal 4.5 hour trip took us 8 hours on the way back. Frowner

But I did pick up a Jaeger flint lock and a hunk of walnut for a gun in the planning stages, plus a couple range rods from Rice.

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I miss my native Georgia and the 60s - 70s temps. It's cold in Maine, no argument; but nothing like the midwest. Occasional days here in the 40s to 50s only seem to bring rain and melt snow that freezes into hard ice a few days later.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Course, ya could just call it Spring.....

In the last week of January continuing into first week in February ??

Not likely Wink

LD

Factor
posted Hide Post
Heh, actually, The 2nd of Feb. is the first day of Spring.....That's what the big deal is with that rodent the Easterners use to predict when the weather is gonna start to change to Spring-like....We're getting into the coldest spell yet this year...Lol......Spring; in like a lion, out like a lamb....