New
Find
Notify
Tools

DNA testing
 Login/Join

Graybeard
posted
Had a few bucks stashed n had my DNA tested to maybe shed a little light on family history. Pretty cool all the info I got back. Pretty much follows what little I know from bits n pieces I remember as a kid. Mostly eastern n western European with Scot/Irish n Finn tossed in for flavor. Also some Italian n Spanish thrown in the mix. Always knew of the Eastern European part (Polish n Croation) n great grand mas people came from up Minnesota Wisconsin way so that covers the Finn part. Now for a little digging to back it all up

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I find it strange that when it comes to digging around in the family wood pile, ignorance is most blissful!

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO!!!!! You betcha !!! Some a those old skelatons can be down right spooky hahaha got to admit though some of the info makes ya scratch yer head n go HUH? All I can figure is the Italian n Spanish must come from a kooking time back.

Posts: 229 | Location: Southeast Pa. | Registered: 03 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Bet thet DNA testin' proved what some of us ol'codgers already knew about ya!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I find genealogy to be fascinating and great fun. However, I have never had a DNA test. I would like to, one of these days.
I am half Czech. My Father was from Czechoslovakia. My Mother's side is mostly English. I have one branch traced back to a Norman knight who invaded England with William the Conqueror in 1066!
Although my ancestors did not come to America with the Pilgrims, they were on the next boat.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Me too.I could talk for an hour about everything my Mom and I have found out about our ancestors. On my Dads' side we had ancestors that came over on the Mayflower,and some that helped 'em through that first winter....The first ancestor that carried our last name fought for the Brits during the Revolution,and stayed on after...Lots of cool stuff.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Birdman, Did you have the DNA test done thru Ancestry? My wife and I have been thinking about have it done for both of us. My family is predominantly of german decent in Montgomery, Chester and Berks counties, but there is a family story of a native American grandmother from western PA I would like to prove or disprove.
BTW, The more you shake the family tree, the more nuts will fall out.
Mark

Posts: 79 | Location: Yellville,Ar | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Dutchman yea through Ancestry .com. I found some things in the results extremely interesting in that it was never any mention as I grew up. I think after the good woman copied it all I had about 30 pages to go through. There were percentages I thought would be higher and others lower. All in all I'm a true American mutt LOL I'm proud of my heritage but I am American first n foremost. Wish more folks useing hyphens would think that way

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I started a family tree here on the internet quite a while back through the My Heritage web site (Mormon's). So far I have traced my family on my mother's side to folks living in up state NY and Rode Island back to 1744. Hit a stone wall on my dad's side only going to my Great Grandfather coming out of Liverpool England to the states in 1847. He later became a veteran of the Civil War and got a gov't land grant to come to Northern lower Michigan where my clan has multiplied like bunnies here since.

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post