Find
Notify
Tools

Bucket List
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted
My list is not real long. I would enjoy experiencing camping out here in sunny south México. I still have some of my modern camping equipment. I have not researched the dangers enough, and that is necessary. I also would like to ride my bicycle from Tijuana to Cabo San Lucas, crossover to Vallarta on the ferry. Then continue down the coast road to Guatamala, take the border north to the Gulf and on up to Brownsville. Now, at the rate my body is deteriorating, it is more like a pipe dream. My wife says she will not give me permission to do this. Don't judge her, she always approved of my hunting, camping, and my hikes on the Appalacian Trail. My final ideal is to die sitting on the beach at La Manzania, watching the sun sink into the pacific. I think she might accompany me on that last one, not to die with me, but to look after me until it happens. Don't read too much into this. I am not at this point yet. Just thinking.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Umm,yeah.Just remember,there are folks who would miss you.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I have always felt the best way to depart this world would be to get shot by a jealous husband at age 98 or so. Just my thoughts. YMMV

doggoner

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 31 | Location: Perkinston, MS | Registered: 13 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Lol, and right in the back too I bet, lol.
I don’t really have a bucket list, at least not yet. Maybe someday.
I was asked not long ago if I feared death. I said no, I fear the pain that leads to the death.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I'm not scared of death as such.I would regret not getting to see what happens next....

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
we are all going, like it or not. I do not think you get asked what you want.

Posts: 162 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Mark,yup.

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doggoner:
I have always felt the best way to depart this world would be to get shot by a jealous husband at age 98 or so. Just my thoughts. YMMV
doggoner

Doggoner, you're a man after my own heart; however, all I can do nowadays is bark and pull at the chain.

I really don't have much - or any - of a "bucket list. I have maybe an empty tin can list, though. One is to finally get to where I'm in less pain and with less fatigue; not likely to happen. Next is to finally get something larger than a deer: bear, ELK, moose, sasquatch; maybe not possible, either. And this IS possible: enjoy life to the utmost and be thankful for every day on the top side of the dirt.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hanshi:
quote:
Originally posted by doggoner:
doggoner

Doggoner, you're a man after my own heart; however, all I can do nowadays is bark and pull at the chain.

I really don't have much - or any - of a "bucket list. I have maybe an empty tin can list, though. One is to finally get to where I'm in less pain and with less fatigue; not likely to happen. Next is to finally get something larger than a deer: bear, ELK, moose, sasquatch; maybe not possible, either. And this IS possible: enjoy life to the utmost and be thankful for every day on the top side of the dirt.

That’s it Hanshi. Make the most of it and try not to complain too much!!

I’m in pretty good condition considering the condition I’m in. I’ll be 70 in 2 weeks. To heavy, bad elbow ( just glad it was fixed as well as it was) and visits are more frequent from Uncle Arthur Itis. My child bride of 45 years is great, kids n grandkids are wonderful and I have a little $ to buy powder with. Not bad all in all.

Had a good run of experiences-elk and mulies in the high country, hunts w my grandson, lots of friends, cat launch and arrested landing on a carrier, drove a sprint car on Tx Motor Speedway, landed on a glacier on Mt McKinley. Only thing I really have left on a list is to see 7 grandkids grow up. Oh and I’d like to get a buffalo and or an elk w a flinter.

I pray the Lord will ease the ailments of you and others and continue to bless our country, our families and our friends.
TC

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rocklock,

Posts: 138 | Location: Cedar Valley, Travis Co., TX | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
I wish there was a way to give you all a true elk huntng experience, with your muzleguns of course. I have hunted but as yet to score an elk, have taken deer, bear and moose with mine, but no elk yet. No excuse either as I have lived the last 20 years with them around me and general tag to boot. Maybe next year if the man above permits. Time is hard to get though as I still am of working age at 48.
Likely should start a list, may need it once I quit being stubborn.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this photo is coming through but it's interesting. My friend and his dad went to Co to elk hunt and got skunked. Since he's stationed in Ky, he went elk hunting there and got this big bull. I have mucho trouble posting photos here so I can only hope. Here goes nuthin'.

[/IMG]

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Rats! It didn't come through,Hanshi...

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Posting photos on Campfire seems impossible for me to do. I've already pulled out what little hair I had left.

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Okay, one more try.

[img]https://preview.ibb.co/khR5i6/2017100795081701.jpg"> [/IMG]

Factor
posted Hide Post
Ummm,Hanshi,I can't click on that link....Dunno what to tell you,I'm a Techno Peasant.

Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
I have always struggled with posting pictures. No help here either.
Sorry
Walk

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Some sites are easy to post photos on; and some, like here, are difficult to impossible.

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://preview.ibb.co/khR5i6/2017100795081701.jpg

Copy then paste into address bar hit enter.

Nice bull!

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip, uncle snore. I'm gonna try that again.

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uncle snore:
quote:

Copy then paste into address bar hit enter.

Nice bull!

Real stupid question, uncle snore: which address bar and computer photo or hosting photo??